Random Photos

I've always been interested in aviation history, especially the first 50 years. However I've never had the desire to fly, which is ironic considering I share the same last name as the famed bicycle mechanics from Dayton, Ohio.

In WWII early mechanical fuel injection systems didn't require it, remember the spitfires big weakness against the 109? (negative g's)

When I graduated high school my plan to join the navy and hopefully work my way up into aviation (har har) was cut short.

Selfie:

F3994EC5-09F4-4659-A6A9-8E82B07BFCCC.jpg

In WWII early mechanical fuel injection systems didn't require it, remember the spitfires big weakness against the 109? (negative g's)

When I graduated high school my plan to join the navy and hopefully work my way up into aviation (har har) was cut short.

This can go on. The Allison v12 that I know of was carbureted and supercharged. It did have an automatic fuel air ratio adjustment with a manual override. One system that is gaining some popularity with civilian aircraft builders and users is the lycoming 360I series. This one is mechanical, (nut shell explanation given to me by someone who has installed and tuned some in retrofits) has an airflow metering device that can regulate the fuel delivered. manual overrides are desireable for more than one reason: If you have to start or restart a hot flooded one, being able to keep it from flooding further is as I said, desireable.

This can go on. The Allison v12 that I know of was carbureted and supercharged. It did have an automatic fuel air ratio adjustment with a manual override. One system that is gaining some popularity with civilian aircraft builders and users is the lycoming 360I series. This one is mechanical, (nut shell explanation given to me by someone who has installed and tuned some in retrofits) has an airflow metering device that can regulate the fuel delivered. manual overrides are desireable for more than one reason: If you have to start or restart a hot flooded one, being able to keep it from flooding further is as I said, desireable.

Yeah. Helpful when doing high altitude stalls.