Random Photos

Factory plated, right? Yea, there was an issue about this. I thought it got straightened out already. Google it.
yea the issue was the wrong sticker and KTM's willingness to work with CARB. California is the only state that this shit was mandatory. every other state you could go get the new sticker to be correct but it was not a requirement for registration.

thing is they never notified me about it via said letter so i didnt know till dmv denied me...really left a bad taste in my mouth there Mr. KOOL-AID company.

From the KTM TB1204 Bulletin:

"KTM North America in conjunction with the California Air Resources Board (CARB) is
conducting a voluntary emission label recall involving the above listed models. A printing
error may be found on the Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI) and Evaporative
Control (EVAP) labels, stating the wrong engine, permeation and evaporative families.
Replacement of the labels is mandatory and must be done to ensure proper compliance
with government regulations.

:picard: KTM's suck:rifle::rifle::rifle:

dont get me wrong this bike has been solid as fuck for me. minus some wear and tear cause i actually ride the thing. its a great bike and i love riding it. just company politics piss me off. im still on the fence for the next bike i get whenever that might be. i do like the feel of those 300 2t's

dont get me wrong this bike has been solid as fuck for me. minus some wear and tear cause i actually ride the thing. its a great bike and i love riding it. just company politics piss me off. im still on the fence for the next bike i get whenever that might be. i do like the feel of those 300 2t's
My next addition to the stable will be a 300 smoker. :drool:

I got to play on a 2013 200 smoker all setup for tree runs (rekluse, rear hand brake by clutch lever, fmf exhaust, Scott's stabilizer, map switch on bars, etc) during New Years and I took the youngsters for a goat trial run to Barbie paradise. It was fun in the slow tight stuff. Just didn't have enough bark to get me over the fast coming G outs. Talk about a pucker factor. :wow: that thing was a blast to ride and another reason to add a 300 smoker.

My next addition to the stable will be a 300 smoker. :drool:

I got to play on a 2013 200 smoker all setup for tree runs (rekluse, rear hand brake by clutch lever, fmf exhaust, Scott's stabilizer, map switch on bars, etc) during New Years and I took the youngsters for a goat trial run to Barbie paradise. It was fun in the slow tight stuff. Just didn't have enough bark to get me over the fast coming G outs. Talk about a pucker factor. :wow: that thing was a blast to ride and another reason to add a 300 smoker.

things are a bit different for myself. most people especially you have had experiences on lots of different size bikes. My first bike was a 2005 525sx with a dez tank on it. i learned all the basics on that bike. my next bike my now current 2011 530 exc rides a lot more nimble then my old 525. on the tight stuff my now bike feels way lighter and more handleable. the thing thats hard to tell tho is how much of that is skill vs the bike.

Then mike let me take his 300 for a spin. its like having your eyes opened when they been shut for years..... i swear if that was my bike i would learn to bunny hop it cause it felt like i almost could on the first ride. The only way i could put it into perspective is if you wore a weight vest for a year and took it off.

I want one badly :lol:

Last edited:
things are a bit different for myself. most people especially you have had experiences on lots of different size bikes. My first bike was a 2005 525sx with a dez tank on it. i learned all the basics on that bike. my next bike my now current 2011 530 exc rides a lot more nimble then my old 525. on the tight stuff my now bike feels way lighter and more handleable. the thing thats hard to tell tho is how much of that is skill vs the bike.

Then mike let me take his 300 for a spin. its like having your eyes opened when they been shut for years..... i swear if that was my bike i would learn to bunny hop it cause it felt like i almost could on the first ride. The only way i could put it into perspective is if you wore a weight vest for a year and took it off.

I want one badly :lol:
I know what you mean and I'm lucky to have been able to ride a bunch of different scooters in my 100 years. When I first started to race, I was set on a 500 as it would go anywhere I pointed it. 135lbs wet on a CR500 was awesome. After I did some advancing in rank, I dropped to a 250 to allow my skills to develop more and it made me faster for when i moved back up to the 500 again.

I agree that you could almost bunny hope the 300. On second thought you can with practice.