Random News

It all seems to have come out if the same box. Mahle. 6 inch carillo like rods. Compared to what it took to make a ford 302 into a 349 it's CHEAP.

Didnt even ask about the stroke. But it was on all the pwk. You can't get much as far as oversized bores in that block. The rod pin is barely visible over the top of the oil ring. The pins float so we used a stock one with some duct tape around it to center the rod to measure. With the 6 litre avail I am not even sure why my friend wants this one.

Didnt even ask about the stroke. But it was on all the pwk. You can't get much as far as oversized bores in that block. The rod pin is barely visible over the top of the oil ring. The pins float so we used a stock one with some duct tape around it to center the rod to measure. With the 6 litre avail I am not even sure why my friend wants this one.
I hear they produce close too 600 hp naturally aspirated , thats probably why. and yeah that block is over bored stock anyways.

never liked building those….too many durability problems. just build a 383 stroker, they're almost bullet proof. But if one melts down just go to the sb parts tree and get what you need, not so easy with ford.

This man has had and built double digit 383's. 2 good ones sitting where I could see them as we played on the 434. currently he has a big block with a very aggressive injection system. So I guess he figured the 383 has lost it's appeal to him. Neither of us started this weekend anyway:thumb:

This man has had and built double digit 383's. 2 good ones sitting where I could see them as we played on the 434. currently he has a big block with a very aggressive injection system. So I guess he figured the 383 has lost it's appeal to him. Neither of us started this weekend anyway:thumb:
Probably alcohol injection…I knew a guy that used that system on those 427's and stuck them in his mud bogger those motors were rated at 1200 hp…do a 100 ft bog in 2.1 seconds.

Speaking of bogging I hadn't been to one since they stopped doing it behind George's. then I dropped into one and found out that you need a pretty trick 4wd rig to beat a snowmobile.

Speaking of bogging I hadn't been to one since they stopped doing it behind George's. then I dropped into one and found out that you need a pretty trick 4wd rig to beat a snowmobile.
Used to go to george's also thats when I worked with Mike (mud bog guy) but I haven't been to one of those in at least 20 years , and yeah mike built his own tube frame trucks w/floater suspension, probably the top guy in the state.

Sounds like Malcolm Young of AC/DC is in tough shape, because the band is so private with their personal matters not much is known, but some rumors have said his illness is not going to allow him to play live again, probably not record either. I heard something about a blood clot, but who knows, all I know is the world may be closing the book on the best rock and roll band ever.

Sounds like Malcolm Young of AC/DC is in tough shape, because the band is so private with their personal matters not much is known, but some rumors have said his illness is not going to allow him to play live again, probably not record either. I heard something about a blood clot, but who knows, all I know is the world may be closing the book on the best rock and roll band ever.
http://www.kansascity.com/2014/04/15/4961449/possible-illness-of-acdc-member.html