Radiator Cleaning/White Powdery Substance In Radiator Mostly Cleared :)

Hey guys. I was able to clean/clear out majority of that white shit that was inside my radiators.
I used white vinegar with water at a 50/50 mix(according to the Engine Ice website, that's how they recommend flushing out the cooling system). Poured in my 50/50 Water/Vinegar mix, let the bike run and idle til the fan came on, let it cool down a bit, ran the bike til fan came on 1 more time and the result was great :)
just thought i'd post up the results incase others have the same issue or would like to clean out a radiator.

White vinegar diluted in water is also how to clean coffee makers, kettles, etc. works a treat and get's rid of a lot of rust, sludge and corrosion and way cheaper than any radiator flush. Also, is very soft acidic content, especially when diluted in water so won't do any damage.

here are some before and after pictures.
what ya'z think, close enough?
certainly looking better than what it did.

Attachments

• BEFORE AFTER.jpg
    BEFORE AFTER.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Lol there is still a bit left in there I can see but I got most of it out and spose im not going to get 100% of it anyway
If I really was a "Sally" I probably would have thought of the feminine way of cleaning. :wink:
You never get it all, but it's clean enough for a good time. And it smells good to, like sour kraut. :thinking:

Lol. Didn't realise they were like that prior to installation. It had the radiator cap on and I assumed that them being brand new, would mean being spotless and not having some cocaine like substance in it. Lol.

Lol. Didn't realise they were like that prior to installation. It had the radiator cap on and I assumed that them being brand new, would mean being spotless and not having some cocaine like substance in it. Lol.
Wow, so they are now importing cocaine in radiators! Sick!!!

I had a couple sets of the cheaper aftermarket ones already. One of em were $90 and were made really shit and the bleed bolt got seized in and snapped(was barely tightened) the other were a set of mylers I purchased online but they didnt have a spot for a thermoswitch and didnt have fan mounts.
I needed something that had a screw in/mount for a thermoswitch and fan mounts cos I run a cooling fan, so I thought I'd just bite the bullet and can't go wrong with a set of oem kato rads

I had a couple sets of the cheaper aftermarket ones already. One of em were $90 and were made really shit and the bleed bolt got seized in and snapped(was barely tightened) the other were a set of mylers I purchased online but they didnt have a spot for a thermoswitch and didnt have fan mounts.
I needed something that had a screw in/mount for a thermoswitch and fan mounts cos I run a cooling fan, so I thought I'd just bite the bullet and can't go wrong with a set of oem kato rads

I would have ran an inline switch and made a bracket for the Mylers. Just saying.