RM125 quick question about adjusting power valves on a 01 RM125

This thing should be throwing you to the ground from a dead stop.
my02 has one turn in and has great low end. if i try to holeshot outta the gate it wheelies. the spring makes it harder for the powervalves to open...you didnt put full synthetic in case and clutch is slipping? the 01-04 had great bottom end...my 07 sucked ...sounds like my 07...this is an 01 cdi? i tried my 07 cdi in my 02 and it lost all bottom for the same damn powerbandas my 07..if the power valve is stuck it wouldnt have any low if it was stuck OPEN but you can check it by taking that valve of the fuel petcock side and taking the dial and spring and will see a flat head screw looking thing in there...take a big screwdriver(flathead) and make sure you can turn it....if it turns free its not stuck ...go on other side and behind pipe (same location) but pipe side theres a cover...make sure linkage is hooked up. those little plastic connectors break ALOT....sounds like your powervalve is stuck open ...hopefully not broken

my02 has one turn in and has great low end. if i try to holeshot outta the gate it wheelies. the spring makes it harder for the powervalves to open...you didnt put full synthetic in case and clutch is slipping? the 01-04 had great bottom end...my 07 sucked ...sounds like my 07...this is an 01 cdi? i tried my 07 cdi in my 02 and it lost all bottom for the same damn powerbandas my 07..if the power valve is stuck it wouldnt have any low if it was stuck OPEN but you can check it by taking that valve of the fuel petcock side and taking the dial and spring and will see a flat head screw looking thing in there...take a big screwdriver(flathead) and make sure you can turn it....if it turns free its not stuck ...go on other side and behind pipe (same location) but pipe side theres a cover...make sure linkage is hooked up. those little plastic connectors break ALOT....sounds like your powervalve is stuck open ...hopefully not broken

Sorry for the late reply....
bike drove me nuts...ended up selling it...started putting more into the bike than it was worth....

the power valves worked fine...set them to what my manual said, pulled the side cover off and they were opening and closing as they should....also checked them through the exhaust hole and they moved freely no slop, no resistance/sticky spots.....

anyways I do appreciate everyone's help/opinions but couldn't get it to feel right...so we sold the bike :(

Thread is closed....but can sit here for others to troubleshoot similar issues.....

Thanks again everyone!!!

2001 RM125 power valves...

one full turn "clockwise" is the stock setting....

will adjusting it get me a little better bottom end(hole shot)?

do I wan't it tighter "clockwise" for a better bottom end response?
or looser "counter clockwise" for better bottom end response?

Bike runs great 1st through 6th....but out of the hole I can hardly get it to spin the tire....
once it's rolling that tire is spinning!!!
but I can't get it to pull a holeshot....tire will not spin from a dead stop(it falls flat on it's face if I try to spin the tire from a dead stop..even in the sand).....

power valve adjustment?
or something else cause that problem?

has a new top end...
new plug...
new air filter...
fresh gas...
jetting is pretty much dialed in...
running 32:1 premix...
brand new clutch....

and can't spin the damn tire from a dead stop...it will fall on it's face or just plain stall....(even in the sand)

any idea's of suggestions ???
the best setting we came up with is 1 1/4 turns in clockwise and a new clutch and the thing wheelies...might have a slipping clutch

SRAD97750

Staff member
Idle mixture is usually somewhere near 1.5 - 2 turns from lightly seated. It's an Air screw, so closed is richer, and open is leaner.
The throttle slide or RPM screw should bump the slide a mm or two off the body of the carburetor.
Give those baselines a whirl. -BIG DAN:thumb: