Quick and easy wheel bearing install.

A friend recommended i try this and it worked like a charm. when installing wheel bearings just throw the bearings in the freezer for a couple hours and when you get ready to put them in heat up the hub for ten seconds or so with a propane torch (be careful with this part) and the bearings drop in slicker than snot. Most of you allready know that but i thought i would just throw it out there.

The only problem I find with this method is that once the bearings thaw so to speak sometimes condensation forms and that condensation can turn to rust. Which is not good on bearings. I have replaced bearings in my bike and both my sons bikes and never really had a hole lot trouble with just using a big socket on the outside of the bearing as long as it matches the outside race.

The only problem I find with this method is that once the bearings thaw so to speak sometimes condensation forms and that condensation can turn to rust. Which is not good on bearings. I have replaced bearings in my bike and both my sons bikes and never really had a hole lot trouble with just using a big socket on the outside of the bearing as long as it matches the outside race.
:thumb:

ya know i never thought about the condensation part which makes perfect sense i have done it the old fashon way with a big sock ect and changing it that way isnt too hard really. i do still think heating the hub for a little bit helps. but good advice on the heat gun as well, me near an open flame is never a good idea haha