quad tards

No way, but it was pretty ridiculous how he swerved abruptly in the line of an oncoming vehicle!
yea but understand also that just because one is on a track does not mean they signed up for a race. when i was going to the track some shit stick was kinda like this fucker.... trying to pass you in corners all hard when you are not even "racing" i know i was close to kicking this fuckers ass once... he was trying to slam into me and a buddy in corners and was pushing my buddy off the track.

even tho the quadtard made a sudden turn the dirt bike guy was the one fully in the wrong... he should not have been trying to pass at that speed considering its not even a race.

James

Staff member
This isn't really a bike vs quad issue, it's more of a "nobody told this guy that he needs to hold his line" issue. This could have happened to two bikes and I'm sure it has before.

Some of those comments on youtube are just :facepalm:

This is a track, you go fast on a track. And no you don't necessarily slow down just because there's a slower guy in front of you. The number one rule on a track is to hold your line, especially when you're riding with faster guys. And when you do pull off the track you look back first.

thats true... my first time on a track i was told exactly that... just hold your line and they will go around you :thumb:

still tho there is a line that is often crossed when its just open practice. not everyone who is riding tracks on open practice is there to race. There is definitely a courtesy for kids and slower people. :noidea: atleast with my short experience of about 6 months at the track it was like this.

He was a good distance from the quad until the quad guy turned into him :lol: I don't think that is a problem here
he would have been pretty close no matter what. regardless no one is arguing that the quad guy did a stupid manuver.... im just saying the dirtbike guy was also in the wrong and then handled the situation after the fact wrong as well.

James

Staff member
He was a good distance from the quad until the quad guy turned into him :lol: I don't think that is a problem here
So what are you saying, that the dirt bike guy should have been able to avoid hitting the quad?

then handled the situation after the fact wrong as well.
I probably would've been using some choice words as well. The quad guy was just plain not paying attention and if you can't be aware of your surroundings/other people, get off the track. IMO the bike guy did nothing wrong (except maybe how he handled it after the fact), he's just lucky he wasn't badly hurt. :bonk:

BTW that guy who was "stuffing" you during practice is just a dick.

So what are you saying, that the dirt bike guy should have been able to avoid hitting the quad?

I probably would've been using some choice words as well. The quad guy was just plain not paying attention and if you can't be aware of your surroundings/other people, get off the track. IMO the bike guy did nothing wrong (except maybe how he handled it after the fact), he's just lucky he wasn't badly hurt. :bonk:

i disagree with you here... sure the quad guy was dumb and it was mostly his fault but the dirt biker rider was making a pretty aggressive pass when its not even a race.... i dont know about you but when i was at the track and there was slower riders in front of me i was cautious of them.... i dont think there was any chance of him avoiding him with the way he was riding but if he wasnt so aggressive then yea im sure he could have avoided him.

and yea that dude that day was stuffing me in corners and running my buddy off the track... then one time as i was going on the track he was coming off and he tried to do this "chicken" thing where he rode at me all fast and turned at the last min... i was really close to going to his truck and smashing his face in with my helmet... glad i keept my cool tho :thumb:

What I was saying was the distance he was approaching the quad at was fine there was no reason why he should have slowed down while entering the turn.