50 PW50 head on into a 4X4 fence post[emoji15]

So.... just as I finished getting the pump off the bike, my daughter takes the bike for a few laps around the yard and SMACK! Right into a fence post. Thank God she is not hurt. The bike suffered major damage... Both front forks are bent beyond repair. The frame behind the steering tube is waffled. I don't think it's repairable. I'm on the hunt for a new frame...
98a0cd796b01ab83b9a52bc6aba3efa9.jpg

e1fea21bbce0ff90f1c6a8e47bb8fe0f.jpg

0d86335254ea16dd0fdc0980d772be17.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, is she okay? Screw the pw it can be replaced!

Yes... She is physically fine. She is heart broken because of what happened to her bike. She thinks her Daddy can fix ANYTHING but she is learning there are some things I cannot. So, I need to find a frame and get it back in shape for her again... That way she can go on believing that I CAN fix anything.. Its so funny to get an inside view of how we are perceived by our children. I'm sure by the time she is 12 she will probably perceive me as annoying, stupid, disgusting, and what ever else... Lol..

I found a PW on Craigslist that could be a part out. Guy wants $150. Fair enough. I'll take the whole bike, keep the frame and part it out. I just can't get in touch with the guy. Been trying for two days... So frustrating. I see that pw50only.com sells new frames but they want $389 for it. I'll just have to be patient and search eBay and Craigslist non stop.

Personally, being a redneck repair man, I'd heat it, pull it out, and maybe take some 1/8" flat stock and overlay some gussets on that sumbish, and call it good. I would never do this on a full size scooter, but the speed this thing does, and being flying over triples is not in it's future, I think it would hold.

Personally, being a redneck repair man, I'd heat it, pull it out, and maybe take some 1/8" flat stock and overlay some gussets on that sumbish, and call it good. I would never do this on a full size scooter, but the speed this thing does, and being flying over triples is not in it's future, I think it would hold.
Yeah... The redneck engineer in me wants to give it a whirl. I'm just afraid that the rake won't be right and it will negatively impact the handling. Like you said though... It's not like she's flying.

I gave it a go, but it ain't happening. I still can't believe she bent it that bad. I'm beginning to think it have had a slight bend in it already that I never new existed.. May be not...
e25a4fb41094080515d2d2fc0503d59c.jpg