Proper break in?

I just picked up a new scooter for the boy. I was wondering what is the proper way to break it in. We where even the first to start it! The dealer didn't even start it!!
We just started it gave it a few low rpm revs than let it cool and did it again.

d33b7823.jpg

There are two methods to go by and both seem to be popular.

You can ride it like your going to ride it when you ride it hard. In other words don't worry about it and just get the machine used to what it's going to be ridden like.

Or another method is the traditional ride with varying RPM, going through the gears with compression and decompression of the engine. After 500 miles of fairly easy riding on the motor to allow the rings to set, then romp it like you were racing and continue to do so.

I don't have any real experience with the first method but used the second method and have got a lot of life out of my motor.:thumb:

Do a couple heat cycles first before you lug it. Let the motor warm and cool about five times. Ride it easy for about 50 to 100 miles and change the oil. Ride it for another 50 miles and change the oil. Ride it like you would normally, it's a race bike. I would use Spectro petrol base semi/sin 20/50 unless the manual states other.

1. Don't do anything.
2. Load the bike in the trailer.
3. Bring out to Dez.
4. Unload and put on stand.
5. Let CDA give it a look over and wipe down.
6. Let CDA Break in scooter for you.

If you do not like the above, then ride it! Just don't bounce it off the rev limiter too many times until you get a tank of gas through it. I have to ask, if the dealer never started it, they did prep it for you, yes? Make sure you go over every bolt on that thing before you ride and after the first tank of gas.

Side note - Never let Rack ride it for break in, the motor will never break in for he does not know how to get pass 2nd gear...:prof:

1. Don't do anything.
2. Load the bike in the trailer.
3. Bring out to Dez.
4. Unload and put on stand.
5. Let CDA give it a look over and wipe down.
6. Let CDA Break in scooter for you.

If you do not like the above, then ride it! Just don't bounce it off the rev limiter too many times until you get a tank of gas through it. I have to ask, if the dealer never started it, they did prep it for you, yes? Make sure you go over every bolt on that thing before you ride and after the first tank of gas.

Side note - Never let Rack ride it for break in, the motor will never break in for he does not know how to get pass 2nd gear...:prof:

I doubt that I could even get it started, there is not an electric start on that white pos :P

They had just got it in from another dealer and it was missing the plunger on the hot start. We took the one off my ride and stuck it on there:ride: They did over night it should be here today:thumb: