Private Motocross Track

Well I have been talking to my dad about having me a private motocross track and he said that he don't care but we would have about $800 being the max. So do you think that I could bulid me a small track for this much I know that it very expensive but I figured I could get a small track bulit for that? The track don't half to big at all I just want something to play around on. Another thing is that we have 106 acers and it is very hilly and really thick woods. If I could I would just like to have a track bulit with not jumps and put jumps later on when I get more money.

Thanks for all replies:)

draw out what you want as a track in your yard......

you can hire a bunch of mexicans and hand them all a shovel

post on craigslist, and see who has dirt to give away unless you have enough dirt...

or you can rent machinery unless you have that too.....

money wise i cant say, never had a track on my backyard haha
:devil:

Like TD says spend some time planning. A good plan is key to your project

If you have neighbors be sure to ask if they will be OK with it. It would suck to get done and then be shut down.

You didn't say much about the condition of the land. Will a lot of the effort be clearing land? Get all the prep work done. That doesn't necessarily need to cost all that much if you can do it. Recruit friends. When you are ready rent a bobcat or something similar and do all the dirt moving at one time. If the terrain is right you might even be able to lay something out that uses the natural features for part of the track. The less dirt you end up moving the better.

With 106 acres you should be set. It will only take a few of those to get some kind of track going.

I have no clue as to what your county might require before building. You might not need anything or it could be an expensive nightmare.

As the others have stated. I would think you could build a hell of a track with $800 and you doing all the work. Keep in mind you don't always have to move a ton of dirt to make a jump. Watch craigslist and other areas and try to get cement pipe then just cover it with dirt. If you have lots of trees to cut or move sell the wood for firewood and add that money to your project. With 106 acres you should be able to build a sweet track!

James

Staff member
Another thing is that we have 106 acers and it is very hilly and really thick woods.
Is everything thing woods or do you have open areas? Because if you have an open hilly area, you might be able to use the natural terrain and not even need that much dirt to start with. Take some pictures so we have a better idea as to what it looks like.:ride:

I see that you're in KY, you don't live close by Jackson do you?

106 acres you could make a killer single track and never see it or alter the land really, then in a few places make some interesting
changes in elevations. Sounds like you could do both, I bet a section 200 yards long and 30 yards wide would hold a amazing track
if you wanted, put it out of sight but near and a bunch of 180 degree berms with everything can you muster between them.

If I had 106 acres, hills and thick woods I would just start blazing a trail through it. Get a saw and get-r-done. Look into the forest and see the best route with minimal tree removal, wide enough for your bars and your good.
DBA trail party in KY. :smirk:
:thinking:

James

Staff member
Close hummm not really, he lives about 2 1/2 hrs away.
:thumb:
If I had 106 acres, hills and thick woods I would just start blazing a trail through it. Get a saw and get-r-done. Look into the forest and see the best route with minimal tree removal, wide enough for your bars and your good.
DBA trail party in KY. :smirk:
:thinking:
I'm pretty sure he said track, but with 106 acres I don't see a reason not to also have a trail system. :ride:

It wont be until next spring until I get it, it would be my christmas/birthday present my birthday is in march so that is why it would be in the spring. I am thinking about the trails and just add jumps but we have so much land I would not know wear to start. Also I will try to get some pics of the woods around here.

I went out and took some pics of the land around here and the photos may be dark were it was later in the day I plan getting better ones for you guys but if you think these pics are good enough let me know. Also we own half of a railroad tracks so on one of the pics thier with the gravel road that is the railroad bed. Last thing is that on the last photo that is were I want to put my motocross track but thier is a gas well thier and that would not work out but I still put the photo on thier for you.

100_1001.jpg

100_0998-1.jpg

100_0997-1.jpg

100_0993.jpg

100_1002.jpg

James

Staff member
I went out and took some pics of the land around here and the photos may be dark were it was later in the day I plan getting better ones for you guys but if you think these pics are good enough let me know. Also we own half of a railroad tracks so on one of the pics thier with the gravel road that is the railroad bed. Last thing is that on the last photo that is were I want to put my motocross track but thier is a gas well thier and that would not work out but I still put the photo on thier for you.

100_1001.jpg

100_0998-1.jpg

100_0997-1.jpg

100_0993.jpg

100_1002.jpg
So if I'm reading this right you can't put your track in that last photo? If you can't, do you have another clearing that you can use? I doubt that you'll want to clear trees to build a track, ask Jackson he might know how much it costs.

I would have the single track handle bar wide as I and Palmer eluded
to in our post, You could have the trail switch back and get miles of single track
that is just that, a single track.

Motocross track in what I just seen.

Kind of like bringing a girl in a black dress and heels to the beach, work
with what you have.