250F Popping on decel

So I just got my 07 kxf250 back together and I'm having some popping on deceleration. I checked the air boot to make sure its all the way on the carb, and it is. I checked my valves before I put my engine back in and they are in spec. So the only other thing would be jetting, right? Does the popping on decel mean I am to lean? From things I have heard, thats what I conclude.

Lean on the pilot circuit...many causes.

Too small of a pilot. Should be at least a 42.

Fuel screw not open enough. Should be around 2 turns.

Passageway above pilot partially clogged. Put a small gauge wire through all the way to the venturi.

O-ring missing on fuel screw.

Exhaust gasket between head and header leaking.

Lean on the pilot circuit...many causes.

Too small of a pilot. Should be at least a 42.

Fuel screw not open enough. Should be around 2 turns.

Passageway above pilot partially clogged. Put a small gauge wire through all the way to the venturi.

O-ring missing on fuel screw.

Exhaust gasket between head and header leaking.

I'll check those things out, Thanks AgentSmith :thumb:

How bad does yours do it? I just barely let off and all I hear is "pop,pow,pop" something like that :lol:

:lol: what you said reminded me of this

batman1.jpg

batman2.jpg

batman3.jpg

AgentSmith has given you very good advice..:thumb:

batman4.jpg

So how would I know if I had an exhaust leak? Is there something I can do to know? Like on a car you can do the smoke test.

you can spray carb cleaner around the area and if the idle changes you have a leak.

TWS...are you sure you're talking about the exhaust? I thought you did that for the intake to see if there was a leak. :excuseme: