Plumber anyone??

Wow, going all racial now are we? I believe the correct term would be brutha.:whistle:
Racial? I believe the term would be Ebonics or Slang. But neither has anything to do with racism. You obvious don't know when I say brother to Mike its because he is my brother... a brother from another mother :smirk:

James

Staff member
yes, my house will be all electric. The area I am building is has no gas. My last house didn't have any gas in the neighborhood either. We heat with a furnace/heat pump.

Yep trying to build a new house. I have the land and a builder just waiting to start but this weather is killing the process. If I hear the term Polar vortex one more :foul: time. I am so over winter...
What's your electric heating bill in your current house? Wouldn't it be considerably cheaper to go with gas heat and have the gas delivered to a tank on site?

What's your electric heating bill in your current house? Wouldn't it be considerably cheaper to go with gas heat and have the gas delivered to a tank on site?
My electric bill in the dead of winter like now when it has been -50 below about 230-ish. about the same in the hottest part summer. it is only about 80 in spring and fall. Propane is through the roof and not option for natural gas. It is not even piped into the neighborhood.

:thumb:When I moved into the Canyon I live in propane was .99, I now pay 2.50 and use about 100.00 a month so 1,200.00 a year (Water heater, dryer, stove, furnace). I have a 24,500 gallon pool that I run 5 hours a day in winter and 8 in summer. My electric bill is "ALWAYS" 250.00+. Mom is in the house all day with the kids. I call them the Edison family. I am always turning off lights. Solar wouldn't benfit me, I am selling this shit whole state out and retire to AZ as you know. My buddy is retired out there and he has yet to break 150.00 on electrical or 60.00 on gas. "Retired" Hanging out at home all day, wife, one kid still living with him.... I can do that, without a kid though!

James

Staff member
My electric bill in the dead of winter like now when it has been -50 below about 230-ish. about the same in the hottest part summer. it is only about 80 in spring and fall. Propane is through the roof and not option for natural gas. It is not even piped into the neighborhood.
Ahh. :thumb:
My buddy is retired out there and he has yet to break 150.00 on electrical or 60.00 on gas. "Retired" Hanging out at home all day, wife, one kid still living with him.... I can do that, without a kid though!
I just had my highest ever gas bill, a whopping $65. But that's heating 1,800 sq ft to 72 degrees and I'm pretty sure that the average outside temp has been a nippy 0 degrees. :bonk: