Play bike help

Alright, we have a 2006 CRF150F play bike. Last year when it was hot out, the thing had major problems, bogging, start trouble, ect... Well, over the winter, it kicked ass, ran awesome. Now that its warming up, it runs like crap again. I had a feeling it had something to do with the jetting. Can someone tell me if I can lean it out or something to make it run well again? The bike is all stock and I have no spare $$$ to spend on it.

Thanks guys! :thumb:

Well, here's my list I can't wait to start tomarrow-

Wash her up
clean the air filter
carb clean
richen it up
check that fuel is getting in
fill up the tires with a little extra air
grease everything up

I checked for a spark just a minute ago and it has a good spark. When I hit the button I could feel air blowing out of the spark plug hole everytime it fired. I assume that if this doesn't do the job (It should) then valves are next. I need to pick up a feeler gauge anyhow so no waste of money :thumb: Once I get her running then I'll grab some pics for you all of a little gooning. :ride:

Ok, I tore it down, opend it up and the thing runs a 95 Main jet. What should I move it too? I have a 175 and a 180 main for my YZ fo stroke that I was gonna attempt to try it (Just for fun of corse) but I didn't feel like buying a spark plug too.

Ok, I tore it down, opend it up and the thing runs a 95 Main jet. What should I move it too? I have a 175 and a 180 main for my YZ fo stroke that I was gonna attempt to try it (Just for fun of corse) but I didn't feel like buying a spark plug too.
thats a terrible idea...:naughty:

I know, the engine would like blow up :lol: Could you tell me what to jet it too? Do I need to get a pilot jet? Could this be caused by valves (doubt it)?

try going 1-2 sizes down, not 40 sizes. lol.. also check and see what the other 150f guys are running. Valves would be an issue if it was hard to start cold, but it isnt so its a jetting issue especially if its runs better in winter.

Some one told me to richen it before, but I was planning to lean it out. Drop each jet 2 sizes, I have yet to figure out how to move the needle clip.

Some one told me to richen it before, but I was planning to lean it out. Drop each jet 2 sizes, I have yet to figure out how to move the needle clip.

You gotta get your slide out of your carb, then usually there is a little nut down in there that secures the needle, its like a 1/4", a 7mm or an 8mm

Once you have that out, make sure you push the clip off the needle in a ziploc bag because that thing will shoot and be lost forever

Ok, the slide/needle in the top of the carb right? I pulled it out, and theres this little clip thing and a spring that holds it down but no nut. As soon as you pull the slide the spring drops off and the force of the sping is all that holds the needle down. Theres no appearant way to set it as far as I'm concerned, are all bikes like that?