Suspension Pivot Works fork seal and bushing kit

PivotWorks fork seal and bushing kit.

2 hrs (8 motos) on the kit and the seals are weeping badly... I saw a little residue after my 1st race but today when getting my bike ready for Labor Day weekend I noticed they were leaking pretty bad. I knew they weren't gonna last that long because the seals didnt feel very snug, but 2 hrs isn't long at all... :foul:
for an extra $20 I could have done everything in OEM but I decided to go on the cheap.
Atleast all the bushings and o-rings fit but now I need to Fed-EX OEM or Factory Connection seals so I can leave Thursday morning for the DBA East ride.....

PW-FFK-Y08-400_is

I

Yeah Shortshifts lasted about 5 rides and started leaking, I have to redo them not till end of season but then again he isn't putting as much stress on his suspension as you :smirk:

I wish I would have seen this before I bought Pivot Works fork seal kit. Ive only got a couple of rides on my bike since the seal replacement and the right side seal is seeping. Its not bad but Im sure it will get worse.

What do you expect from China knock off parts? They are SHIT! Inly buy OEM.

I didnt know. It was a pretty good deal I thought at the time. But now Im gonna have to bit the bullet and just replace them with what I should have in the first place. RACE TECH. Lessons learned I suppose.

SRAD97750

Staff member
:noidea:
Last set of seals I installed in the WR500 was "Bikemaster," which is china crap.
Lasted 2 years and didn't need replacement when I sent them out for overhaul.

Yet on the sportbike I bought OEM (Honda) and they leaked within 5K miles..
:noidea:-BIG DAN

Best check if they use China crap too.

I dont think that they are China Crap. Matter of fact Im unsure as to who actually makes them. But I do know that they work good. But they are expensive, or can be. But after a little research I have found that they make suspension stuff for Harley Davidsons. So Im gonna ASSume that they are Merican made. I wish that I would have used them in the first place. I just gotta save up the $50 to replace the wipers and oil seals. I think I have enough fork oil left over to redo them again.

I dont think that they are China Crap. Matter of fact Im unsure as to who actually makes them. But I do know that they work good. But they are expensive, or can be. But after a little research I have found that they make suspension stuff for Harley Davidsons. So Im gonna ASSume that they are Merican made. I wish that I would have used them in the first place. I just gotta save up the $50 to replace the wipers and oil seals. I think I have enough fork oil left over to redo them again.
Synergy Flex Seals have me sold. I haven't bought them in a few years, but they are a couple bucks more. http://shop.synergyseals.com/Honda_c21.htm;jsessionid=B180E030B4A19C821F3AB151369A07BC.qscstrfrnt06