Other Piston sizes?

My opinion is yes, a D piston. Again IF your bike has an A cyl a D size piston would be tight by .0004" which is a nothing burger. That amt of cyl wall is surely worn away with minimal use. And that is IF you have an A. Any other series and your in spec. Better than having an A piston slapping in a D cyl. Just my opinion.

makes perfect sense what you're saying.

I'm going to stick to my original thought and get this done at a shop, the next rebuild i will do myself. I will 100% need a D then.

Thanks dude.

Thanks dude, I did have a look around at other manufacturers/aftermarket suppliers, and couldn't find anything, I had a feeling it was just a Yamaha thing. Being kinda new to engine internals I didn't want to mess things up and have to pay for a full rebuild.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but as a recommendation I should go for the 'D' size? (The bike is around 10 years old and has done 1000ish miles)
Thanks

The barrel should be marked as to what it left the factory at, it if is like the yz line. MFR's have been doing this since the 70's that I know of (motorcycles, as auto and hd equipment seems to have done that since time). You could start there. If it is an iron lined cylinder I would just buy the first oversize over what is in it and have the cylinder bored to fit. Small two strokes are hard to mess up bad enough (for anyone who can read) to spend the money at a shop, IMO.