Pirelli, MT 43. 30 miles later.

No way would I even consider it in the desert.
Trails here are pan hard with a layer of silt and
rock mixed in. No sand for 40 miles at the beach.

I have done lots of these trails this time of year on a
Supermoto and find that a lot of fun as well, just slower.

This will be my last I am sure, the trade off of sucking in the
turns is just to much. I will most likely end up with a Pirelli
or Metzeler at the end of summer, I do like the Bridgestones too.

I don't think my riding style would like the Trials Tire. I ride open dez and ride up and over the tank and use my knees to throw the bike in to corners. I would need to sample this in the dez to see if I would add it to my collection. :thinking: Seems like a lot of you are running these, any chance of me getting a demo? WG let me ride his bike and I brought it back in one piece...:devil:

Ditto. The part I enjoy most when out riding, is coming across a smooth, open desert valley, and sliding, flat track style, around all the creosote bushes. I am thinking about doing the tubeliss system though. If it holds up, there would be a huge plus, in not having to carry around an extra tube, and tire irons. :thumb:

Ditto. The part I enjoy most when out riding, is coming across a smooth, open desert valley, and sliding, flat track style, around all the creosote bushes. I am thinking about doing the tubeliss system though. If it holds up, there would be a huge plus, in not having to carry around an extra tube, and tire irons. :thumb:

I kind of came to it from another direction. I was looking for a DOT tire. That was my primary driving factor. Every tire is a compromise in one way or another. Most DOT tires suck. A few are not too bad. So I decided to try a MT43 on back in the spring and went to Spangler. I was expecting it to suck horribly in the sand. It totally blew me away. I like a little flat track action from time to time and I have found that in the desert on the decomposed granite you can still break it loose and let the rear hang out. It is a bit harder to get it broken loose though, even in the deep sand. I was able to do some of the sandy hill climbs in the "invader" zone that I was never able to make it up before.

The fact that it looks like I will get 2000 miles on the tire also is part of the equation. Now I did mount a knobby for the KM trail maintenance last month. I didn't think that the MT43 and the snow would be a good mix.

It seems to work OK on the pavement as well. I have about 200 miles on the tarmac. It's no Distanzia though. I have a soft terrain Pirelli DOT on the front so I'm not exactly attempting to scrape the pegs in the corners.

Even if I go Tubliss I may still carry a tube. Most of the guys I ride with don't carry one, and if I don't carry one I think it might be a ride back to the truck to retrieve one as some trails we ride are not flat ridable. If you hit a nail even the Tubliss could still get punctured.

60 miles now. a fair estimation if you will.

Did another thirty with Oldskoll today.
Dropped it down to 9 PSI, conditions are
dry and loose and wheel spin was abundant.:smirk:

Seems to have evened out the wear patten and
for a lack of better words, wore it in a smoother
consistency. Better turning but not much, I think I
just have been able to adjust to it better. Squaring
works well, down hill braking just sucks! Up hill starts
are almost as if I was cheating. Tall profile has changed
the Geometry.:prof:
P7110003.jpg

I have a friend who put front n rear on and rode it in the dez. He felt no difference from a knobby set. He is a better rider than I am and it didnt seem to slow him down any when I rode with him.

I have a friend who put front n rear on and rode it in the dez. He felt no difference from a knobby set. He is a better rider than I am and it didnt seem to slow him down any when I rode with him.
I don't know, these trials tires, kind of make your off-road bike look ........:thinking: Girlie :noidea:

Digging up an old thread.....
Finally wore my MT43's down, 2800 miles on the 4 stroke, 2000 miles on the 2 stroke. Probably could have gotten more out of them, but I had a couple knobbies hanging around the garage.......
Hate 'em. Turns with a knob are very "stuttery", not tracking smooth like the trials, lots of spin, not much crawling capability, chunking, sucking.
Trial tires going back on. Sand, desert, rocks, mountains, all good.
"It's like cheating" is the most common comment I get when someone tries them for the first time.:thumb:

I have a three year old knobby that is there for just one thing. Doing that snow riding at KM in a few weeks. I hit some snow earlier this year and it's not the MT43's cup of tea so to say. I almost got stuck in a snowed in creek crossing.

Digging up an old thread.....
Finally wore my MT43's down, 2800 miles on the 4 stroke, 2000 miles on the 2 stroke. Probably could have gotten more out of them, but I had a couple knobbies hanging around the garage.......
Hate 'em. Turns with a knob are very "stuttery", not tracking smooth like the trials, lots of spin, not much crawling capability, chunking, sucking.
Trial tires going back on. Sand, desert, rocks, mountains, all good.
"It's like cheating" is the most common comment I get when someone tries them for the first time.:thumb:
Have had em on my bike for about 6 months and just love em. I run em at 10 psi for what it is worth.:thumb: