Pirelli, MT 43. 30 miles later.

While the straight line traction is beyond belief and I love the
way it hooks up; it has some problems.:rolleyes:

I am running Mountain stuff in Nor Cal at 13 PSI and I am shredding it quick.
Forget turning but I have been able to drift it around bends.

Thoughts???????

P7080122.jpg

Just a few short miles ago.

P7010026.jpg

:smirk: Seriously, 200 yards 40 MPH crossing from one section to another.
That is a DOT tire too, but that is not the issue here.

I dont have one of these tires yet but I think your running your psi too high, try dropping it down to 8psi, with too much pressure the tire cant flex like it supposed to and you end up riding on the center knob. I rode with Chris Horgan from SOS and he had 2000 DS miles on his tire he said it was almost time to replace it but it still looked good and was worn evenly, he always runs 8 psi. The MT43 is rated for 93mph so it should be able to handle to pavement just fine. :noidea:

I dont have one of these tires yet but I think your running your psi too high, try dropping it down to 8psi, with too much pressure the tire cant flex like it supposed to and you end up riding on the center knob. I rode with Chris Horgan from SOS and he had 2000 DS miles on his tire he said it was almost time to replace it but it still looked good and was worn evenly, he always runs 8 psi. The MT43 is rated for 93mph so it should be able to handle to pavement just fine. :noidea:

I will drop it and say hi to Chris, have met him and a great guy,

I have a feeling that spinning the tire has something to do with it. I have about 900-1000 miles on mine and I have no tears like yours. I expect to get about 2000 miles. I run 11 psi off road. I did a 130 mile dual sport ride with about 40 miles of pavement from my garage to Mojave and back. Since I was running 60+ on the pavement and the dirt I did run 16 psi for that ride. On hard ground spinning the tire will shred it big time. The rubber is just too soft. Now I have spun mine quite a bit in the desert sand. That wear it, but no chunking.

If your riding style includes a lot of spinning the rear and steering that way a trials tire might not be for you. Tires are very subjective and what works for one might not for another.

Chris does run a Tubliss system so pinch flats are not a concern. With the weight of my bike and me I'm sure I would pinch out at 8 psi. I've pretty much always used at least 10. Now you are considerably lighter than I and so is your bike. I would try 9 and maybe 8 psi. It will get those other side knobs more involved.

I don't think my riding style would like the Trials Tire. I ride open dez and ride up and over the tank and use my knees to throw the bike in to corners. I would need to sample this in the dez to see if I would add it to my collection. :thinking: Seems like a lot of you are running these, any chance of me getting a demo? WG let me ride his bike and I brought it back in one piece...:devil:

I don't think my riding style would like the Trials Tire. I ride open dez and ride up and over the tank and use my knees to throw the bike in to corners. I would need to sample this in the dez to see if I would add it to my collection. :thinking: Seems like a lot of you are running these, any chance of me getting a demo? WG let me ride his bike and I brought it back in one piece...:devil:

Sure, You wanna let me take you Duc for a spin :devil: .