All Perris Raceway closes its doors

Wow. I never would have guessed that it would get bad enough for a track of that caliber to have to close. I wonder if it was just lack of rider turnout or if there is something else going on.

I drove by today gate was open no one riding. They were watering the flat Track they have on the property. Nothing posted outside saying they were closed.

I drove by today gate was open no one riding. They were watering the flat Track they have on the property. Nothing posted outside saying they were closed.
hmm... interesting, thought i had a pretty reliable source too, oh well can't trust blondes :smirk:

James

Staff member
Humm interesting, care to stop in and ask what the heck's going on?

Posted on CycleNews:

There's been a rumor circulating that Perris Raceway in Perris, California, has closed its doors, but these rumors are evidently false - sort of.
We just spoke to Vince Graves, the owner of the Perris Raceway property, and he said that the facility is alive and well, but the MX track is closed temporarily.
"The flat track and speedway track are open and operating the same as usual," Graves said. "The MX track is closed, however, but it's going to re-open in a couple of weeks, definitely. And it will be bigger and better."
Evidently, Graves and the current raceway "tenants," or operators, former Supercross and MX Champion Rick Johnson and former World MX Champion Sebastien Tortelli, are in the midst of a falling out, but Graves assured us that Perris Raceway, "Is not going anywhere."

Posted on CycleNews:

There's been a rumor circulating that Perris Raceway in Perris, California, has closed its doors, but these rumors are evidently false - sort of.
We just spoke to Vince Graves, the owner of the Perris Raceway property, and he said that the facility is alive and well, but the MX track is closed temporarily.
"The flat track and speedway track are open and operating the same as usual," Graves said. "The MX track is closed, however, but it's going to re-open in a couple of weeks, definitely. And it will be bigger and better."
Evidently, Graves and the current raceway "tenants," or operators, former Supercross and MX Champion Rick Johnson and former World MX Champion Sebastien Tortelli, are in the midst of a falling out, but Graves assured us that Perris Raceway, "Is not going anywhere."
:thumb: