125 Parting out my bike???

I'm having time even selling the dang thing... The highest offer i've had so far is only $1800. How much do you guys think i could get for parting out my bike??? I would hate to part out such a beauty but if I can get alot more money out of it then it's worth it to me.

f5fd05c2.jpg

Like Kyle said earlier in the chat. A bike is worth what it brings. Sure you got it all dolled up with new plastics, graphics, wheels etc. But truthfully that tells me if I were looking to buy it one of two possible things. Either this guy put a little money into this bike to sell it OR he really takes very good care of his stuff. Its true if it looks good it will sell faster and probably for what your asking. But like Mihylo mentioned this economy isnt helping things. Even though its a newer bike and Im sure youve taken good care of it and it runs fantastic and it looks GREAT. Its a used dirt bike, they really dont hold there value even with the extras added to it. Even a new bike that never gets started or ridden depreciates once its taken off the show room floor. I forget what the amount is but its pretty substantial.

You're like those guys who have a 2000 dollar truck but think it's worth 5000 cause it's lifted.

:blah: Not at all... EmIlIo, alot of 125's in my area are $2700 (for 04's). Well i'm either selling it this weekend for $1900 or trading for a 06' CRF450R.

:blah: Not at all... EmIlIo, alot of 125's in my area are $2700 (for 04's). Well i'm either selling it this weekend for $1900 or trading for a 06' CRF450R.

I hope your able to trade if for what you want. But I think you'll be hard pressed to find many if any that would be willing to trade down. It happens sometimes just not very often.

Well, the guy didn't show. Said his truck is still in the shop... I'm so tired of dealing with assholes on craigslist at this point.... :rolleyes:

If you are dealing with craigslist people.. Tell them up front you are not dealing over the phone or internet.... If they want to haggle with the price to do it after they come look at it.

that's what i've told them... I've told a few of them to just forget it if they wanna low ball me without looking at the bike atleast.

I think i'm just gonna keep it run it 'til it blows, and then throw a 54mm athena cylinder kit on it so i don't have to mess with big bore jetting anymore...