over the boot pants?

Whats so great about over the boot riding pants? how are they better than in the boot? im lookin for new gear

i ride with the zip offs that are over the boot cause it's easier for me to put my knee braces on and then just zip the bottoms on. That and after i'm riding if i go to eat or something i can zip them off and just toss on my sandals, specally when i ride at Pismo Dunes cause it's the beach. Also in the mud you don't get your boots coated...

after i'm riding if i go to eat or something i can zip them off and just toss on my sandals, specally when i ride at Pismo Dunes cause it's the beach. Also in the mud you don't get your boots coated...

Yeah I really like my over the boot pants for basically the same reason . There is really no advantge to over the boot pants but most of the new designs do come with either cool zip or velcro locking pockets to carry your cell or wallet in. The other simple fact is you can get this style of riding pants with no designs or crazy colors which I really like since Im not into the flashy gear. It all just depends on what you like.

You ride in Colorfornia where you don't get serious rain, mud, and consistent sloppy conditions like we do in the mid west. If it's nasty, I use MSR ISDE Gore tex over the boot pants. They have built-in gators that grip your boot and you can briefly submerge your leg up to the knee and not end up with a gallon of water in each boot! They rock!:thumb:

I know why I DON'T wear over the boot pants .....anymore! Went to put my foot down and got hung up on the peg and damn near fell over while in a rock pile! :prof: