Once you go black you won't go back?

Hey guys since I have to replace a lot of plastic what are your thoughts on Black?

Everyone has a Yellow, White, or Blue WR so what do you think of Black?

BlackWR.jpg

My AF is all black and when you first put them on it looks awsome, after one ride not so much.

The scratches and dings show up bigtime and after 2-3 rides it looks fuked.

me likey,, I would have black seat too...makes me think, nana nana nana BATMAN--BAM! POW!:lol:

Yeah I figured I could do all the plastic first then the seat last. Figure I'm replace 1/2 the palstic anyways why not change the color.:thinking: I'm curious if I can stain the seat black or if it would be easier to just change it.:thinking:

never heard of anyone staining a seat,,not that it can't be done. It is easy enough to change the cover. I did mine and it only took about 30 minutes. It was my first one too. all you need is a razor knife and a good staple gun. I got this one on ebay for 20 bucks.

IMAGE_015.jpg

Like was said, black shows every flaw including dirt. Now if you keep your bike on the stand and clean it every five minutes like CDA you should be fine.

I would only consider black for night riding. I want a black front fender because my white one get lit up by my headlight too much.

I have black and wont do it again! Looks aweful now...looks like a total, ghetto clapper! Sigh...but he runs:banana: just leaks, looks ugly and is missing few things now. So yea, black gets ugly quick but looks bad ass until then.

Like was said, black shows every flaw including dirt. Now if you keep your bike on the stand and clean it every five minutes like CDA you should be fine.

I would only consider black for night riding. I want a black front fender because my white one get lit up by my headlight too much.
Yep black is not a good plastic to keep looking new or in a some what decent shape. After a few rides it would be hammered. Flat black on the front fender will work for deflecting the headlight as Cleonard mentioned. And yes, I could keep that black looking sweet since I do not ride my bike as I am too slow to keep up with the group here, so I tend to leave my bike on the stand and polish it down every 5 minutes..:smirk:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Get out some spray paint and have at it!!!! C'mon, doesn't it look stunning?

5003.jpg

5002.jpg

No, It doesn't. Avoid black if you can:prof:... but the price was right on this one.:banana: (Paid $400 due to crap paint job/ruined plastics)
-BIG DAN:thumb: