Onan Generators ?

Any of you guys know anything about these? Mine is a 4000 W Micro Quiet mounted in my Motorhome. Was at the track this weekend and when I would start it up and then plug in the coffee maker it would die! :banghead: It is giving me a "14" fault code which of course says "see your authorized Onan service center" - something about, "unable to maintain frequency". Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Gas or diesel? I know my little POS started dieing out when I put a load on it. But could then choke it slightly, and it would stay running. After I got it home, I stripped it down, cleaned the carb, filter, and gave it a good tune up, and have had no issues since.:thumb:

Gas or diesel? I know my little POS started dieing out when I put a load on it. But could then choke it slightly, and it would stay running. After I got it home, I stripped it down, cleaned the carb, filter, and gave it a good tune up, and have had no issues since.:thumb:

It's gas Timo. Definitely needs a tune-up. Hopefully that's all.

N-edge first ck the aircleaner. Mine gets really dirty almost every time we go to the dez. Then it runs rich and wont pull a load.

Where do you get the code from???

N-edge first ck the aircleaner. Mine gets really dirty almost every time we go to the dez. Then it runs rich and wont pull a load.

Where do you get the code from???

Hey Pay - I will change out the air cleaner tonight as I had one ordered in. The code is a two stage code. Its just a light that flashes on the front of the unit. First is three blinking lights which means its a "service code". Then it blinks once quickly followed by a short pause and then 4 quick blinks after the pause. Thererfore, a 14 fault code. Then you go to the useless manual which tells you what the code is and how to fix it - basically telling you to take it to the dealer so they can bend you over and give you the "Russan Popsicle".

Sounds like it's shot, send it to me for disposal and get a new one...

I knew there was two guys that I could absolutely count on for tech advice that I could take to the bank - RR and TMT. Since TMT isn't around, thank goodness RR is.:lol: In any event, I've already got it out of the MH and I'm just packing in up for ya RR - should I send it overnight or is regular shipping O.K.(I'm paying)?:smirk:

Save yourself the hassle and just order a NEW one online and have it shipped directly to him :smirk:
I knew there was two guys that I could absolutely count on for tech advice that I could take to the bank - RR and TMT. Since TMT isn't around, thank goodness RR is.:lol: In any event, I've already got it out of the MH and I'm just packing in up for ya RR - should I send it overnight or is regular shipping O.K.(I'm paying)?:smirk:

Did ya fix the thing??? Whats the scoop??

Hey Pay - I just put the new filter on tonight and had it running for about an hour. The pricks sent me the wrong filter so I marched down there and got the right one. It was running great so I thought I would make it run better - blasted a whole bunch of Carb cleaner right into the intake and the black smoke started to belch like a MoFo :banghead: So I dumped a few oz.s of SeaFoam into the tank and stunk out the neighbours. Then I loaded it up with all the lights, the fridge and the TV and it started spurting and dieing. WTF - guess I'll fool around with it tommorrow. It was running perfect before I started my own experiments with it. :bangshead: :thumb: N-edge