On Any Sunday 2

Always was interested in trials riding, just never pulled the trigger on bike with such a single minded purpose, someday I might.
It's a blast in the right situation. We have a great playground in an area call the Cougar Buttes in our local desert. To watch some of the "expert" lines they make them do is just amazing. It depends on what class you are in but the lines are right next to each other so you get to see everyone do that section, some just have a much harder line.

It's a blast in the right situation. We have a great playground in an area call the Cougar Buttes in our local desert. To watch some of the "expert" lines they make them do is just amazing. It depends on what class you are in but the lines are right next to each other so you get to see everyone do that section, some just have a much harder line.

Yeah, that would definitely be cool. Ever since I watched Bernie Schrieber do all the amazing things he could do on a bike , I've wanted to get into that, just havn't had the opportunity.if you have any video of that stuff you outa post it

Yeah, that would definitely be cool. Ever since I watched Bernie Schrieber do all the amazing things he could do on a bike , I've wanted to get into that, just havn't had the opportunity.if you have any video of that stuff you outa post it
No vids. The season is just getting ready to kick off in September. I am gonna go to a couple of them and will def take some vids. They don't do the "easier" section riders much justice. Since I am not competing I can "pre ride" the sections. Even the easier stuff is much harder than it looks. Harder by the way of not dabbing your foot. Going through a section "cold" is tough. You would always like a "trial" run....:smirk:

No vids. The season is just getting ready to kick off in September. I am gonna go to a couple of them and will def take some vids. They don't do the "easier" section riders much justice. Since I am not competing I can "pre ride" the sections. Even the easier stuff is much harder than it looks. Harder by the way of not dabbing your foot. Going through a section "cold" is tough. You would always like a "trial" run....:smirk:

"Trial run" .......very punny

I was speaking of back in the day when On Any Sunday firsat came out... if there were tirals events I wasn't aware of them... :thumb:
Got it. They were going on but don't know how big it was. I remember seeing trials bikes at the Claude Osteen Motorcycle Park off of the 60Frwy in Diamond Bar (remember that place?). Was only open a few years after we started riding in '74.

Got it. They were going on but don't know how big it was. I remember seeing trials bikes at the Claude Osteen Motorcycle Park off of the 60Frwy in Diamond Bar (remember that place?). Was only open a few years after we started riding in '74.

Went there once with my neighbors... what a ZOO... only place in the local vicinty so EVERYONE decided to go there.

I couldn't remember where it was just knew it was in the Diamond Bar/Brea area...

Last edited:
A little farther off topic BUT bike related... Fullerton Bike Park (not sure of the name), it was somewhere behind Saint Judes hospital... 125's or smaller only, parent must be with you... didn't know that when we got there so I was "adopted" by my neighbors who had a son named Rick so I used my dad's name Ward... and became Ward Riddle for the day... I still get called tha whenever I see them...

A little farther off topic BUT bike related... Fullerton Bike Park (not sure of the name), it was somewhere behind Saint Judes hospital... 125's or smaller only, parent must be with you... didn't know that when we got there so I was "adopted" by my neighbors who had a son named Rick so I used my dad's name Ward... and became Ward Riddle for the day... I still get called tha whenever I see them...
It was right off of Bastanchury Rd and Brea Blvd. Rode there a few times as well. M brother would catch a few gopher snakes there as well.