Oil leaking out of this hole? what is it pic included

yeah i know i saw that too. i also checked out a crankcase cover on ebay and it had a silver pin in it maybe its a little pressure relief lvalve or something? i have no idea either way i have nothing there

Thank you a ton i tried a bolt but the hole is not threaded i guess i could plug it with anything that fits snug guess ill try to find a metal dowel kind of pin to plug it

Thank you a ton i tried a bolt but the hole is not threaded i guess i could plug it with anything that fits snug guess ill try to find a metal dowel kind of pin to plug it

Can we get a direct pic of the hole itself? I’m pretty sure I would find a tap and a bolt to fit it rather than a plug.

SRAD97750

Staff member
I'm going out on a limb... (not a limb at all)
Why would honda design such a thing with no threads, no hardware in the diagram.

I wouldn't plug it, but rather figure out why it was designed to weep?
What is it telling you is going on with the engine? Has a vital seal failed and this was designed, like many engineered indicators, to inform the owner/maintainer of an imminent failure?

Far too much went into the design of this right hand cover to just plug it and run it. But, i'm sure plugging it will stop it from dripping. -BIG DAN:thumb:

I’m thinking it was just a manufacturing port. Once it was cast and oil galley was clear they plugged it with a press fit something. I bet if you ordered the whole case cover, it would come with it already installed.

Ditto on Timo. Look at carburetors, transmissions, and other engine cases. Casting, and such will have plugs in all sorts of areas.