125 Oil leak please help

Okay so I bought a 2006 yz125 about a year ago and it was in pretty bad shape. I've rebuilt the forks, the carbeurator replaced the chains and wheels and all fluids. And it's been a fun bike but it has always had an old leak. I replaced the shifter seal and the counter shaft seal this week with a tusk oil seal kit but the thing still keeps leaking. When I took the shifter seal off the previous owner had surrounded the seal with rubber cement. I thought that the seals would fix the problem but when I checked this morning the bike had oil under it. The drain bolt for the oil slugs up nicely but had oil on the tip of it this morning and the shift seal had a small bead of oil near the edge of it too (could just be that the bike is on a triangle stand and leans towards the shifter.) Any thoughts on what might be causing the problem?

SRAD97750

Staff member
If replacing the seals and cleaning the sealing surfaces with scotchbrite doesn't fix it, there may be some damage or perhaps the shaft is bent, which would pull the seal from where it normally would sit.
A drainbolt should have a gasket to prevent leakage.
Good luck -BIG DAN:thumb:

I looked at my bike and it looks like it's missing a crush washer I'm gonna go buy one as for the shifter if the casing is damaged should I try to seal it better with some oil resistant silicone?

I looked at my bike and it looks like it's missing a crush washer I'm gonna go buy one as for the shifter if the casing is damaged should I try to seal it better with some oil resistant silicone?
If you are missing the crush washer, you are probably seeping out from there.

I put in a crush washer and a majority of the leak stopped but I'm still getting a slight leak from the shifter
:thumb: Possible impact to the shifter could have caused it to bend a little. Or the seal is not seated correctly or got damaged during install.