Other Oil bleed bolt

Interesting thought about the hobby knife. Weird that the picture was sideways when I posted it and now it's not. Anyways I have a few 11 blades so I'll try that.
Good luck with the hobby knife. If it broke using a wrench I don't give a hobby knife much hope. I would go for the other way of removing it as mentioned.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Nice!!! I was going to recommend a LH drill bit, as normally they bite hard enough to pull the shank on their own. But YOU GOT IT!
New I would go OEM from a dealer, online with shipping will be more than dealer markup. -BIG DAN:thumb:

So the hobby knife worked. I managed to get it out. Now to find a new one....
:clap: That is fricken awesome. Palmer deserves a big one for this information. I understand he likes the big one too. I must have missed something because I still do not understand how a hobby knife worked. Nice job though.

So the bold did not shear off cleanly. I took an 11 blade scalpel which allowed the tip to grab a bur on the broken piece. Once I got it started I took a small flat head screw driver and was able to oh so carefully back it out the remaining way. I did call one shop that was still open and they said 5-7 business days till the new one comes in. Gonna call others tomorrow and see if I can't one before the weekend so I can ride :ride: . No bolt means the oil will puke from the cylinder head till it runs dry and that's not good for any one :prof: .

Good question. I forgot to ask and on the cylinder schematic I can't find the exact one from the way it is drawn up. It's a cheap part too only 3 American dollars. Here is a pic from the manual:
boltmanual_zpsf6c205d0.jpg

SRAD97750

Staff member
I have seen OEM bolts new out of the bag, break before reaching their recommended torque.
It's not a "China" thing. It just happens.
Regarding the dealership warranting hardware, that is rare. There is no way to 'prove' you didn't overtorque it.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Well la-de-da Tim. There you have it, no more sweating it out on how to get-r-done. Glad that worked out for you! Even with a doubting Thomas (AKA 530).
As you can see, we are here to help, have fun, and be obnoxious at times. That Dave guy 530KTM is an ok guy if you like riding fire roads all day. I gave him and his twin buddies the FRQ (Fire Road Queen) nick name when I was out with my girls riding the desert and they didn't like the trail selection and opted for the wide graded power line/fire roads. Eh, if you like that, ride it. Funning thing was my girls like the tech stuff and they are only 25 and 18. Grown men were crying that day, now all I get is name calling. I really do love the guy and his buddies, and will ride with them any time we meet up. We all have something in common on here. We ride and love dirt bikes, we love to give each other shit at times, but it all boils down to, I would never turn down a friend and deny them help at any time. It's just the way I am.
So now the waiting game on a new bolt is your biggest worry. Peace, P841 out.

hahaha yes I've learned that! Thanks for the help guys. I also found the part number once I zoomed out of the cylinder head schematic and realized how they have the motor turned (in the schematic the front faces you, on the bike it's the other way around).

I gave him and his twin buddies the FRQ (Fire Road Queen) nick name when I was out with my girls riding the desert and they didn't like the trail selection and opted for the wide graded power line/fire roads. Eh, if you like that, ride it. Funning thing was my girls like the tech stuff and they are only 25 and 18. Grown men were crying that day, now all I get is name calling. We love to give each other shit at times, but it all boils down to, I would never turn down a friend and deny them help at any time. It's just the way I am.
Peace, P841 out.
True, but just for the record, it was my twin buddies who were actually the ones not liking the not trails selection. But they are old too. :smirk:

Hey might be along shot being this was all done in 2013 but do you remember the part number of the bolt, I have a 2015 and just broke that bolt. Looking on forums seeing what’s out there. Let me know if you know the bolt part number !!!