Other Oh I need a bigger bike now!

So a guy on craigslist had a YZF400F that had all the lights and such to make it a WR it was a 1999 with lots of goodies on it. The ad said he wanted to trade for a WR250. I responded and he came out and we took the bikes for a spin. I loved the power the 400 had. I was all grins! Shitty thing was I had him ride both of my 250's and when it was all said and done he wasn't sure he wanted to go that small now that he had road them. He said after trying out everyone elses bikes he was starting to like how the YZ400F ran. :cry: But he hated how hard it was to start. Being a sucker I couldn't screw the guy and come up with some lie how it had problems or something and I broke down and showed him how to start it.:prof: Well now my heart wants a 450.:rolleyes: Cool thing about it all I gained a couple riding buddies.:banana::banana:

Sounds like a pretty positive experience for all! Once you know how to ride I feel you need at least a 400 or bigger to satisfy the throttle gods in your head.:smirk:

good luck. there are lots of older 450's around that you should be able to pick up for a decent price. just make sure to get one some old guy has just trail ridden for fun not one that has been raced or crappily mantained and you should be good to go. :thumb:

good luck. there are lots of older 450's around that you should be able to pick up for a decent price. just make sure to get one some old guy has just trail ridden for fun not one that has been raced or crappily mantained and you should be good to go. :thumb:

Thats a hard one cause I think Racers maintain stuff better then some of the old crappy trail riders. :smirk:

Thats a hard one cause I think Racers maintain stuff better then some of the old crappy trail riders. :smirk:

i race like a crappy trail rider... :noidea: :lol:

nah man if you do all the mods like i said in the PM you'll be really suprised... let me look it up to make sure that its the same on the 250 but i know it made a world of difference on my 450 :thumb:

Edit: Ok looked up the stuff and it all seems similar to my bike. First thing i would recomend is to either go buy a YZ throttle stop or cut it down like it shows here.

James

Staff member
:thumb: I'd much rather get a bike from a racer, even if he beat on it pretty hard, because more likely then not he never skimped on maintenance and if something breaks it's usually fixed. But that's just me. :ride:

Heck I know a guy who got a yz125 and "never raced it" (:lol: that's the biggest joke on CL & Ebay) he only puts around his property. Sounds like a good bike right? Well once he forgot to add pre-mix and he's NEVER cleaned his air-filter. :prof: But it's never been raced so he should be able to get decent money for it. I pity the poor smuck who buys it.:shocked: However that was a kid, "old guys" generally take better care of their equipment. :thumb: