Oh gosh, fellas. We gotta ban knives!

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/14/n...gelman-obsessed-over-woman-frie/?ncid=webmail

I thought guns were the cause of all the deaths in America? So, you mean to tell me that all these strict gun laws and banning of everything that could possibly be used to kill, aint the right way to do it? Knives are the culprit! Dadgumit! Every body stow away your kitchen knives, folders, and fixed blade knives. Congress will be coming out with a new strict knife law here in a few days. Apparently, we have to use safety scissors now to cut our steaks. :thinking: [/sarcasm]

Guns are the answer! If one of these fellas that lost their life or the bystanders had a gun on them, that maniac wouldn't have gotten too far. Unfortunately, the citizens are held back from bearing arms by a stupid permit that is unlawful. "The right of the people to own and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED". What the hell? My ancestors fought for this country and our government is going to deny our rights AND our freedom? The sad thing is, there is way too much corruption and people who either don't care, or wont take a stand for it. More guns in the hands of good people = less lives being taken of the innocent. Who's going to pull out a gun when almost every person around you would have a muzzle pointed at their head within a second? Switzerland has the right idea. They have the lowest crime rates and that's because every male citizen is trained by their military and required to have a gun in their home. At least that is my understanding.

I encourage you fellas to go out and get a gun. Practice gun safety and protect yourselves and your family. Even though a CCW is unlawful, in my opinion, but yall should register to get a CCW.

And hey, guns are fun. :banana: So, why not!

This thread may not be a big hit or anything, but I just wanted to rant about our unlawful government.

Nugent ▬ Norris for 2012? I think yes. :ride:
Yall might think I'm just another crazy radical Conservative redneck...that only means I was raised right (no pun intended). I ♥ common sense!

gadsden-flag-dont-tread-on.gif

Its funny though, gun ownership isn't completely illegal, but drugs are. Wondering how you feel about the government telling you what you can and cannot ingest.

According to a little noticed January report from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), drug overdoses killed more than 33,000 people in 2005, the last year for which firm data are available. That makes drug overdose the second leading cause of accidental death, behind only motor vehicle accidents (43,667) and ahead of firearms deaths (30,694).

What about prostitution? Gambling? Abortion? What about the whole kit and kaboodle of the Patriot Act? Censorship? Closing OHV areas?

Should statistics like this even matter? Is freedom more important than any statistic, or is there a level of unacceptable death where we will trade our freedoms to protect society?

Its funny though, gun ownership isn't completely illegal, but drugs are. Wondering how you feel about the government telling you what you can and cannot ingest.

What about prostitution? Gambling? Abortion? What about the whole kit and kaboodle of the Patriot Act? Censorship? Closing OHV areas?

Should statistics like this even matter? Is freedom more important than any statistic, or is there a level of unacceptable death where we will trade our freedoms to protect society?

DEEP.....:popcorn:...MORE PLEASE!

I don't do drugs, but in my opinion, the government has no right to tell me or you or anyone else what they can do with their own body in the privacy of their own home. I own my body, the government doesn't.

What about prostitution?
See above.

Gambling?
If it's my money, what business is it of the government if I want to bet on a hand of cards or a ball game?
Abortion?
I know this is a touchy issue, but again, I don't believe it should be within the power of government to force a woman to have a baby against her will. That decision should be between her, the father, and her spiritual adviser if she has one. It's not a proper function of government.

What about the whole kit and kaboodle of the Patriot Act?
I was completely against it when it was proposed, and my opinion hasn't changed.

Censorship?
Not that it's a big problem in this country, but the riught to free speech is fundamental to all people in my opinion.

Closing OHV areas?
I understand that there must be a certain level of conservation, and there are more interests than just ours that want equal access to public lands. But public lands are just that, PUBLIC. You, me, all of us pay for them and should be allowed to use them. People that do so irresponsibly should be penalized within the legal system, but everyone should not be shut out of public lands because of the actions of a few.

That depends on who you ask. Some people are more willing to trade freedom for security than others. Personally, I don't believe the government should be a nanny, nor do I think it's the proper function of government to "protect us from ourselves".

In case you haven't figured it out, I am a Libertarian. :thumb:

It's deep. And you kinda lost me here. But I'll play. :ride:

Drugs - Like Chokey said, as long as they are in the privacy of their own home, it shouldn't be illegal. But there are also many problems with that. If drugs were legal and anybody could get them, how many of those old employees would show up the next morning? I'd bet plenty of them would be stoned out of their mind. That leaves the few responsible people left in this world that actually show up to work. Now, I'm sure it wont be THAT bad, but I believe it sure would make a change. And the second problem is being stoned and driving. Drinking and driving is already bad enough of a problem in the US, then we'd be adding on people driving under hallucinogens and stimulants and so on. Unfortunately, there is no way to regulate that a person stays in the privacy of their own home. And for my opinion, I believe it should stay illegal in order to protect the innocent. It should be illegal for the same reason that murdering is illegal. Any mind-altering and physically-altering substance makes you a possible threat to everyone around you. You have little control and logic while you are stoned out of your mind.

Prostitution - Only if you can find one for me. :thumb: :smirk: I'd agree with Chokey, in the privacy of their own home.

Gambling - Sure, why not? I don't even see why it's illegal. It's not very smart, but it's YOUR money.

Abortion - Murder is murder, end of story. If you don't want to get pregnant, then be safe and take the steps toward preventing it. It's like AIDs, you follow the rules and if you get it, well, crap happens. You can't reverse that. I don't understand how people think it's fine to murder an unborn child. That baby has all the rights to live in this world as we do. If that person cant afford to have a baby or that person got raped, then give the baby up for adoption. Don't murder it. Illegal.

Patriot Act - I have never heard of that, so I will skip it. Feel free to fill me in here, I'd like to learn. :thumb:

Censorship - Shoot, we don't got much of that now anyways.

OHV Closings - I don't know much about this either. It's not a problem in my area. I will skip that too.

cheers chokey

v757b, Ignore the specific details of the particular issues I mentioned. I was simply reminding everyone that infringements of our personal freedoms have been going on a long time.

It's important to remember that the founding fathers philosophy, while differing in many ways, was about as close to anarchy as you can get with a somewhat structured government. Their intention was a sparse federal government with more control at a local level....the state. You also need to remember this government was founded during a time where the form of communication was pony express, and there was no energy grid, no oil dependancy, no global corperations controlling lawmakers, but that pretty much sums up what they gained independance from.

The specific issues themselves are incredibly complex. The founding fathers couldn't have dreamed how complex society is now. We have the supreme court to attempt to bridge these two worlds, and it frankly just doesn't work, and is too easy to control and manipulate by those who own the media outlets.

Hell we could fire the entire federal government except defense, and setup a godamn facebook page "USA government". We could all vote there any time via our smartphones, and it would be free. :P

Maybe then WE could get all the loot they have been scrapin' off the top :)