OEM vs. aftermarket

supposedly single ring is less resistance but less compression, vie versa for the 2 ring. I could be wrong though

Also a forged piston lasts longer than a cast one, so i''d go the cheaper(IMO) better route and buy Wiseco.

right but the rings last the same amount of time in a forged or cast, so you would still have to replace the rings at the same intervals and while your in there why not just put a new piston on it? so i go with cast

right but the rings last the same amount of time in a forged or cast, so you would still have to replace the rings at the same intervals and while your in there why not just put a new piston on it? so i go with cast

Cast also has better oil retention properties because of the high silicon content. The major advantage I see in forged it that you can abuse it far beyond its limits(not advised lol) with less risk of total engine annihilation.

Im putting together my shopping list for a top end rebuild and bottom end freshen up.

I was looking at the OEM top end kit compared to the Wiseco. The OEM is set up for a single oil ring. Where the Wiseco has a dual ring set up. Whats the difference? or is there a difference? Plus the cost. OEM top end kit is like $280, where the Wiseco with a Cosmetic gasket kit (I like them, zero issues) is only $180.

Any useful and fact based info would be greatly appreciated. Im not interested in well I heard this or that. If you have good personal experience or facts about this Im all ears.

after my bad experience with moose, im saying go oem for most or all of the seals and gaskets, GSP's have a sealant already layered on the case center and base gasket, its actually really neat, if i can get a pic ill post it, but the guy who is rebuilding his bike may have already thrown the gaskets in. and I've never had an issue with OEM seals/gaskets

just my 2 cents