All Ocotillo Wells: January 28-30 2011

Tired of cold and snow in your favorite riding places... Just got back today from a week of fun in the sun in Ocotillo Wells... and we have another Ocotillo Run scheduled in a few weeks !

Come on out... just click the BLUE PILL :lol:

Less than 2 weeks now ! :ride:

We will be on the North End off S22 this time for a change of views. With a focus on the fun stuff for the big boys... although we'll lead some Pumpkin Patch, Shelf Reef, Devils Slide, Blow Sand tours for wives, kids & noobs too.

Definately fun for all. And I really will bring my 4 Chrismas Trees I forgot at Christmas. They should pretty much explode on impact by now !
gettree.gif

Well, after riding with Big-Dan on Tuesday last week and going to OW for MLK weekend, I might have to save my brownie points for Presidents weekend down there. the end of this month may be pushing it. Found a real nice spot just west of Home Camp, flat, fenced on both sides, big fire pit, view of Blow Sand. Only problem was ZERO cell service, had to ride just south to the top of the hill to call around.

We are just not destined to ride together Gary. I focus on NON Holidays... NO fences... out of the way camps where we dig our own pit as needed. If I want noise... crowds... and fences I can stay home maaaaaan !

Holidays are for Honey-Doos & Home Depot... that buys you all the licence you need to take off on random weekends.

There is a reason I am the ONLY guy that you never hear complaining about crowds. :prof:

No Jeff, we may never ride together but we do share a passion! Riding free!!! The fences I talked about are for rehab areas and keep others from riding through our camp. The whole weekend, Friday to Monday we had one person ride through at night about 300 feet away. The closest camp was at least 1/4 mile away, and crowds? I think they stay around camp and go to the designated spots as a family. I rode with 5 bikes, 7 quads and one Jeep (guy broke his back last year on a quad so who could blame him). We ran into no other riders 95% of the time until we hit "Gas Dome, Artesian Well, Pumpkin Patch etc." then you see the family packs of all ages. We shall soon meet I know of it. Keep the faith brother, it will happen....

Our group is large enough that we'll be digging a big pit.

PLEASE BRING WOOD FOR THE PILE ! :thumb:

:prof: NO NAILS - NO PAINTED/TREATED/STAINED WOOD - NO PALLETS

No one wants to breath noxious fumes to enjoy the fire.

Also, please bring your Orange Cones and CSI Tape if you got em to help close off the circle.

I'll be hitting Ocotillo around 9AM. Setting up camp and doing the meet and greet. I won't be riding until afternoon. Serious riding starts Sat AM for me.

oco_012711_ready_600.gif

Have a great time out there Jeff. :thumb: Be safe and tell all the rocks, hills, sand washes I miss them. :prof:

Would love to but not in my cards. Saturday I have a 8 hour seminar with the CNF Forestry Department to be a volunteer patrol. Saturday night is Monster Trucks with the Family at the Big A. Sunday is a run down to Ocean Side to check out a RM250. :ride:

Have a great time out there Jeff. :thumb: Be safe and tell all the rocks, hills, sand washes I miss them. :prof:

Would love to but not in my cards. Saturday I have a 8 hour seminar with the CNF Forestry Department to be a volunteer patrol. Saturday night is Monster Trucks with the Family at the Big A. Sunday is a run down to Ocean Side to check out a RM250. :ride:

Sounds like you have lots of fun planned. Gonna have to change your sig "Husqvarnas, hondas and Toyotas, why have anything else?"

BTW - How come you picked CNF instead of SBNF ?

There is FREE FRESH WATER... and FREE DUMP STATIONS at the ARCO on the corner of 86S/S22.

RIDERS signs at the street S22/Holly... and at turn off to camp. We are 100 feet from bathroom and trash bins.

s22_bathroom_area.gif

Sooo...what are ya doing with your free time.....:smirk:

This was a GREAT TRIP !

We had a lot of people in RIDERS City in Ocotillo this weekend. We had as many as 4 rides going in different directions at one time from SOLO Missions to single track ridge rides to canyon races... and fantastic weather !

Two wheels... Four wheels... everyone had fun during the day and around the campfire ! And other than losing a dual sport plate and atv flag on the trails NO CASUALTIES !

We had a record number of new members and guests. And everyone quickly fit in and found new friends to hang and ride with.

See you all again soon in Glamis, Gorman or Johnson Valley !

012811_oco_tease.gif

If you are a RIDERS member the Gallery is posted and available for uploads now. I'll have my stuff posted in a few days.