Staff member
My premiums went up roughly 9% on Jan 1st. Coverage that increased or added:
-Hospitalization (Coverage doubled)
-Ambulance (Copay Halved to $100)
-Cancer Treatment (Coverage Doubled)
-Maternity Coverage
-Copays (Lowered significantly)

IMO, In MY Particular Case,
I got to stick with my Healthcare Provider and the added cost is balanced with added coverage.

No affect at my level, still adequately covered for under $160 for just myself. - BIG DAN:thumb:

Mine went up 10% no extra coverage no nothing.... I do need a better policy since I got the bare bones one.....
healthcare in general needs to have its costs cut. $800 a month on average for 2 people is WAY too much money.... It used to be about $110 for a good Blucross and blue shield policy including prescription card.

I took clay to the doctor today and had to shell out 400 beans. Out of pocket towards my deductible for clay's arm. They told me if they have to manipulate the arm in any way before casting it, $1100. :wow: I said just put a phuckin band aid on it and let us go :finger: and your $1100. I haven't even got the Emergency bill yet :picard:

I took clay to the doctor today and had to shell out 400 beans. Out of pocket towards my deductible for clay's arm. They told me if they have to manipulate the arm in any way before casting it, $1100. :wow: I said just put a phuckin band aid on it and let us go :finger: and your $1100. I haven't even got the Emergency bill yet :picard:
I hope he didn't need to take the ambulance to the Hospital. My last ride cost me over $460.00. Not sure if it has anything to do with care or not. But, I think it shoulb be. They are careing for you on the way to the hospital.

That was classic!

Dang, I hope the little guys ok!

Mine only changed slightly, and that I have not even looked into yet.

James

Staff member
Did this just happen? I noticed that cast photo in the test thread.
I hope he didn't need to take the ambulance to the Hospital. My last ride cost me over $460.00. Not sure if it has anything to do with care or not. But, I think it shoulb be. They are careing for you on the way to the hospital.
Yeah the ambulance cost is crazy. A few years ago I was hauled off the track and the waaaabulance bill was over a $1000. If I remember right it was $750 just from them to come out and then $20 per loaded mile (it was over a 20 mile drive). My ER bill was even less than that. :bonk: The orthopedics bill put both of them to shame though. :lol::facepalm:

Last edited:
Did this just happen? I noticed that cast photo in the test thread.

Yeah the ambulance cost is crazy. A few years ago I was hauled off the track and the waaaabulance bill was over a $1000. If I remember right it was $750 just from them to come out and then $20 per loaded mile (it was over a 20 mile drive). My ER bill was even less than that. :bonk: The orthopedics bill put both of them to shame though. :lol::facepalm:

Fixed it.

Yeah the 460. was just the ride not the care on the way to the hospital that made the total around the same as yours. I almost Died a couple of times.

That's why I make sure all of my friends know to just throw me in a car and haul ass to the hospital if anything ever happens to me :smirk: