No 2011 NFL season?

Sounds like the season could be scrapped.
Mixed feelings on this, although I am not a hardcore pro sports fan, I do like to watch a good Monday night game, especially with beer and snacks at the local watering hole.
On the other hand, I have a tough time feeling sorry for owners and players who make millions playing a game. And if it's a warm sunny day outside, no way I'm gonna be inside watching TV. Much rather be riding the bike, at the beach, or at the park tossing the pigskin around with friends.
Opinions?

If they cannot come to a compromise on what ever the pay issues are the players will strike. It will be just like the way it was back in the 80's. The teams will pick up a bunch of scab players and the football season will go on. All the hold outs will realize that they are just being overly greedy and come back to the pay that the left with. Its stupid.

Personally, I side with the owners on this.

If I own my own company, I am the boss, I make the rules. Don't like my job requirements? Go find another job.

The players are well paid for what they do (the median salary is $770,000 a year, the minimum salary is $196,000 a year), and have no right to bitch and complain. Don't want to play two additional games? Go find another job, and good luck finding one that pays what your current one does, especially considering that you likely have zero marketable job skills beyond your athletic ability.

If I own my own company, I am the boss, I make the rules. Don't like my job requirements? Go find another job.

The players are well paid for what they do (the median salary is $770,000 a year, the minimum salary is $196,000 a year), and have no right to bitch and complain. Don't want to play two additional games? Go find another job, and good luck finding one that pays what your current one does, especially considering that you likely have zero marketable job skills beyond your athletic ability.

:thumb:

Which is SO SAD since they had the opportunity to better themselves while in school WHEN, not IF they leave the game especially from an injury...not a question of if they get hurt...it's how bad!