nitrogen?

SRAD97750

Staff member
From my understanding its just the side container off the side of the rear shock that has a bladder inside it that has the nitrogen in it right? So how much pressure is in that bladder?
The spec is different for each bike. The manual will have that data. 130-180 psi usually, I've seen as high as 220psi.

Very interesting, I do not know how to test for a blown bladder.
Did your shock leak fluid when you took it for service? I am unaware as to what would happen if you pressurized the shock through the ripped bladder.
It would give you the proper pressure reading if the shock seals don't burst, I'm sure the area outside the bladder, that is not taken up by fluid, is pretty minimal.:noidea:
-BIG DAN:thumb:

The spec is different for each bike. The manual will have that data. 130-180 psi usually, I've seen as high as 220psi.

Very interesting, I do not know how to test for a blown bladder.
Did your shock leak fluid when you took it for service? I am unaware as to what would happen if you pressurized the shock through the ripped bladder.
It would give you the proper pressure reading if the shock seals don't burst, I'm sure the area outside the bladder, that is not taken up by fluid, is pretty minimal.:noidea:
-BIG DAN:thumb:
according to the guy that rebuilt it, the oil gets mixed in with the Nitrogen :noidea: once the bladder blows the nitrogen goes everywhere and the oil surrounds the bladder all the time so once it blows it just mixes all together. My seals weren't blown or leaking so you wouldn't know. I only knew because he told me. I messed up the clicker and the rebound wouldn't work that's the only reason I had it service or I would have just keep riding it.