2 Stroke New Top End Problems

Update: So I tried to start my bike again this last week end. The compression is extremely high but the same as last time because I used the same amount of base gaskets to arrive at the recommended "X measurement." However, I re-read the set-up instructions for the ignition which had recommended setting the initial timing from 2-4 mm BTDC. Last time I used 2mm and this time I used 3mm. I have got some WICKED kick back now which resulted in this:
Four days after injury.jpg

The lever also ripped a two inch hole in my boot! I just can not seem to get used to the left side kick start lever on this bike! I realize the timing is too far advanced and will reset it closer to TDC for the initial timing but it will be a while before I try to start the bike again. Man, this damn bike has been nothing but a fight since I got it and I haven't even rode it yet!!!
HARFEND

Update: So I tried to start my bike again this last week end. The compression is extremely high but the same as last time because I used the same amount of base gaskets to arrive at the recommended "X measurement." However, I re-read the set-up instructions for the ignition which had recommended setting the initial timing from 2-4 mm BTDC. Last time I used 2mm and this time I used 3mm. I have got some WICKED kick back now which resulted in this:
View attachment 28820

The lever also ripped a two inch hole in my boot! I just can not seem to get used to the left side kick start lever on this bike! I realize the timing is too far advanced and will reset it closer to TDC for the initial timing but it will be a while before I try to start the bike again. Man, this damn bike has been nothing but a fight since I got it and I haven't even rode it yet!!!
HARFEND
Dang bud thats a beeatch, hope u heal up soon,

Greetings all,

Thanks again for all your help. A quick update for you as well! Rather than risk another foot injury I retarded the timing a few degrees closer to TDC and bump started the bike. Fired right up! Adjusted the carb a bit for a nice idle and then SOLD THE BIKE! Yep, down the road for someone else now. I almost broke even on the money I spent so I was glad to see it go, yet sad the project is over.

Until next time,
Ride sober, Ride safe!
HARFEND

Greetings all,

Thanks again for all your help. A quick update for you as well! Rather than risk another foot injury I retarded the timing a few degrees closer to TDC and bump started the bike. Fired right up! Adjusted the carb a bit for a nice idle and then SOLD THE BIKE! Yep, down the road for someone else now. I almost broke even on the money I spent so I was glad to see it go, yet sad the project is over.

Until next time,
Ride sober, Ride safe!
HARFEND
So when you getting a new bike then????