New to me bike

Which bike?

• Total voters
I looking into a "new to me" Dirt bike. I am debating between AN RM250, an RMX250, a YZ250 or a WR250.

I will be riding mostly trail, possibly some track if i can hook up with James :thumb:

Which do you think will be the best choice overall?

I said YZ since your looking at the older bikes and there are a million YZ's and YZ parts. You could probably keep it going pretty cheap.

If you want the best trail performance the WR and RMX have wide ratio transmissions and the engines are tuned for more low end I think. You can go slow in first and fast in fifth. MX bikes have a close ratio transmission.

It all depends on what you want in the bike.

Okay not to hi jack your thread but how do they figure the WR's are wide ratio. With stock gears I top out at about 50mph with no mods. What do the other bikes top out at?

Okay not to hi jack your thread but how do they figure the WR's are wide ratio. With stock gears I top out at about 50mph with no mods. What do the other bikes top out at?
2 Stroker WRs had the wide ratio tranny.

YZ250 will always be my bike of choice but if you go fora YZ get a 06 or newer if you can, the 06 was a awesome bike all you have to do is add a flywheel weight (if your trailriding) and that thing is awesome, I added a 9oz steahly flywheel weight to mine (when I had it) and it made the power delivery spot on I also put a 18" wheel on it but thats not necessary the YZ was the most reliable 2stroke IMO

Just get any 2t from Japan that is the best deal,
All of them are Damn good. If you find a CR or a KX
that is in great shape a 01 or so and you got the cash.
DO IT!:thumb:

Just get any 2t from Japan that is the best deal,
All of them are Damn good. If you find a CR or a KX
that is in great shape a 01 or so and you got the cash.
DO IT!:thumb:

I heard something about the '01 KX not being very good because they changed the frame and it had a few weak points, idk if thats true though, i have never really looked into it, also heard '01 was a great year for CR engines :thumb: if i got a CR it would definitely be mid 90's (pre AL frame) or a '00 or '01 :) Haven't really thought about a KX or a CR because the engines is very MX oriented :thumbsdown:

James

Staff member
I will be riding mostly trail, possibly some track if i can hook up with James :thumb:
:thumb: The place I practice at isn't that far from you, you'll have to sign a waiver though. (Plus pay membership/track fees) Along with having a helmet, boots, CP, etc.
Which do you think will be the best choice overall?
A 4 stroke :P But seriously it doesn't matter, JUST GET A BIKE. :thumb: :ride:
Sure! as long as you are funding it! :P
Get in line buddy. :P

Buddy of mine has the YZ with WR gears in it. It is a trail master. :thumb: I would like to do this but have to get a truck for my kid so he can get his ass to work. :cry: