250F New to forum. Need help.

Hey guys, new to riding dirt and new to the forum. Always rode harleys and EFI bikes. Bought a 2006 yz250f. Went to ride the bike and noticed after warning it up for a few minutes the bike had almost no balls. I could give full throttle and hit the rev limiter but only be at a slow roll. Also the bike did not want to shift into second. Is this a lack of warning up due to the cold weather or am I looking at a more serious issue?
Thanks for the help

Sounds like your clutch is slipping. Get a manual, (some are free online PDF) Pull the side cover and inspect the plates. My guess is the fibers are toasted. Good luck with the bike and welcome to the forum/dirt. Get that thing moving and line it up on a 65' double and THEN we'll see who's got the balls! :P

SRAD97750

Staff member
Greetings. I would attempt to adjust the clutch when the bike is completely warmed up. Most of the time it's an adjustment issue when the clutch slips. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Ah yeah there should be some (1/8") slack in the lever. If it's too tight it can be partially engaged. I sometimes forget it's not second nature to everyone. :)