New Member from NC (yeah a female)

Nope. I actually got my neck injury working in a nursing home of all places. Too bad I didn't have a neck brace when the guy turned my head around like an owl. Had the surgery 4 1/2 years ago. Riding my bike is the only thing other than spending time with my 3 yr old grandson that gets me stoked so I plan to get some pads and stuff so I'll be around to teach him to ride. Our budget is tight but my husband who doesn't ride wants me to go ahead and get something we can afford whenever I can during the winter months so I'll be safe and ready when Spring comes. By then I'll be itching to tear it up so yeah, I def need all the protection I can get. Thanks for the offer of help on the shift adjustment. I'll probably be posting a thread on that soon!:thumb:

Holy Heck!!! Another woman who got into the sport by herself, late in life and with a Hub that doesnt ride??? Wow! Just like me!!!!!! Im not alone, or such a freak afterall:lol:

How did you get into the sport?

Holy Heck!!! Another woman who got into the sport by herself, late in life and with a Hub that doesnt ride??? Wow! Just like me!!!!!! Im not alone, or such a freak afterall:lol:

How did you get into the sport?

I always wanted a bike when I was growing up but never convinced my parents to buy me one. Times were pretty hard then for us anyway. Years later I had a boyfriend who was in amateur mx but I didn't have a place to store a bike (apartment). This year I finally got my bike with my husband's help and he supports me all the way with it. He does pretty good in 1st gear LOL but I have lovingly banned him from riding my bike for his safety and the safety of my bike!:naughty: I do wish I had girlfriends to ride with. Hubs is from California too Sun and I bet if we lived there I'd have plenty of riding buds. I'm def an addict. Getting ready to go ride here in a few minutes. :ride:

Welcome to the site........I've ridden since I was 13 however took time off for about 10 years and started riding again about 5 years ago BUT, we don't ride very often so I feel like a newbie every time I get out...Now that I've been getting to know these freaks..:smirk:..I believe I'll be riding more often! :ride:...:thumb:

I always wanted a bike when I was growing up but never convinced my parents to buy me one. Times were pretty hard then for us anyway. Years later I had a boyfriend who was in amateur mx but I didn't have a place to store a bike (apartment). This year I finally got my bike with my husband's help and he supports me all the way with it. He does pretty good in 1st gear LOL but I have lovingly banned him from riding my bike for his safety and the safety of my bike!:naughty: I do wish I had girlfriends to ride with. Hubs is from California too Sun and I bet if we lived there I'd have plenty of riding buds. I'm def an addict. Getting ready to go ride here in a few minutes. :ride:

That is great your Hub supports you! Being a male dominated sport and getting into it alone it is hard to find people in the beginning. That is the beauty of forums! Once I found that (other forum) I finally found other ladies to ride with. In the beginning I was out there by myself. And most of the guys I'd run into on the trail were perplexed by me. I think I seemed weird to them out there alone. A few of them were cool and invited me along. But others were like huh? Xr200, older, married and a chick? Why would I want to ride with her? I can understand now why I wasnt everyone's (mostly dudes) first choice. But now that I have more skills and a better bike the response is better:smirk: I know if I were younger or single it wouldnt not have taken so long to acquire buddies. But it's all good now:banana:because I have more then enough peeps to ride with. And you will too! Keep looking and reaching out:thumb: Question.....for you married guys here....would you be ok with your wife riding with other dudes alone or in groups if you didnt ride? How about loading bikes and driving alone X country for 3 weeks? Not all guys are ok with it. Heck, I know some gals who wont even ride at all without their man. Lady, you and I are damn lucky! But my Hub knows if he tried to take riding away from me I'd turn into a psycho bitch from hell and honestly....probably bail from the relationship, even after 24 years!

Lets see some pics Lady!:ride:

That is great your Hub supports you! Being a male dominated sport and getting into it alone it is hard to find people in the beginning. That is the beauty of forums! Once I found that (other forum) I finally found other ladies to ride with. In the beginning I was out there by myself. And most of the guys I'd run into on the trail were perplexed by me. I think I seemed weird to them out there alone. A few of them were cool and invited me along. But others were like huh? Xr200, older, married and a chick? Why would I want to ride with her? I can understand now why I wasnt everyone's (mostly dudes) first choice. But now that I have more skills and a better bike the response is better:smirk: I know if I were younger or single it wouldnt not have taken so long to acquire buddies. But it's all good now:banana:because I have more then enough peeps to ride with. And you will too! Keep looking and reaching out:thumb: Question.....for you married guys here....would you be ok with your wife riding with other dudes alone or in groups if you didnt ride? How about loading bikes and driving alone X country for 3 weeks? Not all guys are ok with it. Heck, I know some gals who wont even ride at all without their man. Lady, you and I are damn lucky! But my Hub knows if he tried to take riding away from me I'd turn into a psycho bitch from hell and honestly....probably bail from the relationship, even after 24 years!

Lets see some pics Lady!:ride:

good question. I would prolly trip out on it but not in a i think she is cheating kind of way. in a FFS i want to ride with her and the whole reason i even put her on a bike in the first place was so that I could have a riding partner not some other dudes.

good question. I would prolly trip out on it but not in a i think she is cheating kind of way. in a FFS i want to ride with her and the whole reason i even put her on a bike in the first place was so that I could have a riding partner not some other dudes.

Right. But picture it being something else male dominated but your not into it like you are riding. Then? I bet you still wouldnt dig it. And if a married woman gives you her number to call (only to go ride) you gonna call? Not many do! They feel weird calling someone they dont know well and who is married. Even if I gave them my number and said call me. It was so screwed up for so long:banghead:That is why I rode alone so much. And why Im probably so comfortable still riding alone, even though I rarely do it anymore.
Ok...another senerio....a guy moved in two doors down from me. He's from Portland. He has a Ducati street bike and a KTM dirt bike. My Son met him and told me this. I saw yesterday what looked to be a wife or girl friend. I planned on going down there to welcome and say hello. My Son said he is anxious to get out and explore the riding areas. I feel compelled to show him around on the bike. But at the same time I dont want to be a threat or piss off the wife or GF, so my guess is not to say anything about it. I've had the wives and GF's get weird on me. I dont want to be anyone's relationship problem/issue. If I were a guy it would be normal and ok. So stupid:banghead: but I have to be respectful and turn the tables. I dont think I would dig it much either. Sigh...

Right. But picture it being something else male dominated but your not into it like you are riding. Then? I bet you still wouldnt dig it. And if a married woman gives you her number to call (only to go ride) you gonna call? Not many do! They feel weird calling someone they dont know well and who is married. Even if I gave them my number and said call me. It was so screwed up for so long:banghead:That is why I rode alone so much. And why Im probably so comfortable still riding alone, even though I rarely do it anymore.
Ok...another senerio....a guy moved in two doors down from me. He's from Portland. He has a Ducati street bike and a KTM dirt bike. My Son met him and told me this. I saw yesterday what looked to be a wife or girl friend. I planned on going down there to welcome and say hello. My Son said he is anxious to get out and explore the riding areas. I feel compelled to show him around on the bike. But at the same time I dont want to be a threat or piss off the wife or GF, so my guess is not to say anything about it. I've had the wives and GF's get weird on me. I dont want to be anyone's relationship problem/issue. If I were a guy it would be normal and ok. So stupid:banghead: but I have to be respectful and turn the tables. I dont think I would dig it much either. Sigh...

thats not your place to worry about the wife or GF... i say introduce yourself and let it be known you are married and you just want to ride. Then the burden is on HIM to let his significant other know about the situation... if she is not ok with it then again its on him to let you know its not ok to ride with ya. If she approched you herself and asked for you to not ride with her man then you should respect that and not ride with him.

I was in a somewhat similuar situation. before my wife even rode her 80 she has now i was at the track and i met a ex professional female dirt bike rider (Bonnie Warch have you heard of her?) who noticed how novice i was and was helping me out a lot... i learned a lot of the basics from her at the track.. she gave me her personal number. I told my wife about it right away. Its things like taht if you keep a secret that can cause issues. My wife is cool about it tho and every relationship is different so things can vary.

all im saying is dont hold back on trying to make a riding friend just be sympathetic of the significant other if it is not cool with them.

but to answer your question.. my wife use to play volleyball in high school and she approached me and asked if i would be willing to join a league to play. I dont enjoy the game and told her no. She asked me if it would bother me if she joined.. i say she can go for it. I guess im secure enough in my relationship right now to not freak out about stuff like that.

thats not your place to worry about the wife or GF... i say introduce yourself and let it be known you are married and you just want to ride. Then the burden is on HIM to let his significant other know about the situation... if she is not ok with it then again its on him to let you know its not ok to ride with ya. If she approched you herself and asked for you to not ride with her man then you should respect that and not ride with him.

I was in a somewhat similuar situation. before my wife even rode her 80 she has now i was at the track and i met a ex professional female dirt bike rider (Bonnie Warch have you heard of her?) who noticed how novice i was and was helping me out a lot... i learned a lot of the basics from her at the track.. she gave me her personal number. I told my wife about it right away. Its things like taht if you keep a secret that can cause issues. My wife is cool about it tho and every relationship is different so things can vary.

all im saying is dont hold back on trying to make a riding friend just be sympathetic of the significant other if it is not cool with them.

but to answer your question.. my wife use to play volleyball in high school and she approached me and asked if i would be willing to join a league to play. I dont enjoy the game and told her no. She asked me if it would bother me if she joined.. i say she can go for it. I guess im secure enough in my relationship right now to not freak out about stuff like that.

:thumb: That's what it takes..........and hopefully what goes around comes around!!!!

Welcome to DBA LSR. :cheers: So for the late reply, I've gotten way behind on my whoring lately, but glad to have you just the same.

Wow, that sounded dirty!:smirk:

Don't sell yourself short Sun, your still a freak, you just have a twin sister living on the East coast. :P