New Member from NC (yeah a female)

OK I was recruited by turrbodee and told I had to post in the newbie forum also. Glad to be here. I'm 45 and just started riding about 3 months ago. I have a 2003 Suzuki DR-Z 125 and I love it because it fits me to a T. I'm only 5'0 tall and the more I ride the more confident I get but nobody will ever be good enough to ride without a helmet so I always wear mine. That's about all I know to say right now. Karen:wave:

welcome to the site... im 33 and just started riding in april :rocker: welcome to the addiction that is Dirt Bike Riding :smirk:... welcome roost for you.

hip hip hooray

Welcommmmmmeeeeee Karen, Lady zook :thumb: we are glad to have you !!! :clap: as you can see we are "different" :moon: glad to have another lady in here, and just a heads up BEWARE of Redswr.... lol hes a leg humper :shocked: :lol: ooo no i diint hahhaahhaha

Welcome! Good to see female riders. Us guys get tired of riding with each other. :smirk:
You will get hooked on riding..before you know it, all your money will be going into that little 125. haha.

"nobody will ever be good enough to ride without a helmet so I always wear mine"
Street and dirt But it should be your right to not wear one:prof:

James

Staff member
:wave: Welcome to DBA
but nobody will ever be good enough to ride without a helmet so I always wear mine.
:thumb: Looks like someone taught you right from the get go. I think (anyways hope) that everyone here wears a helmet, plus a lot of us wear more then just a helmet, mine's a pretty long list. :smirk:

:wave: Welcome to DBA

:thumb: Looks like someone taught you right from the get go. I think (anyways hope) that everyone here wears a helmet, plus a lot of us wear more then just a helmet, mine's a pretty long list. :smirk:

Yeah James. I'm working on getting some more protective gear. Since I already have a plate in my neck I'd love to have a Leatt brace and they are expensive but being seriously injured or worse is not something you can put a price on. All I have so far are a helmet and a pair of ladies Thor boots but I'm going to have to extend or raise the gear shifter to wear them so I wear work boots right now. No tennis shoes for sure! Thanks for the warm welcome from you and the gang!:banana:

Welcome:wave:Sun here AKA Karen also. I started late in life too, well sort of late at 38, Im Fortysumthang too. I have a Susuki DRZ/400SM and a 250X Honda, I love both dirt and street. Glad you found us, now stick around! We need more women here!:ride:

James

Staff member
Yeah James. I'm working on getting some more protective gear. Since I already have a plate in my neck I'd love to have a Leatt brace and they are expensive but being seriously injured or worse is not something you can put a price on. All I have so far are a helmet and a pair of ladies Thor boots but I'm going to have to extend or raise the gear shifter to wear them so I wear work boots right now. No tennis shoes for sure! Thanks for the warm welcome from you and the gang!:banana:
:shocked: Ouch, I'm guessing that isn't from bikes though? Yes you're right a neck brace that costs $400-600 is a very small price to pay, especially when you have the misfortune of actually using it for its intended purpose. I currently wear the Leatt but I've heard that the Alphinestars one isn't as restrictive, might serve you better for trail riding. :thumb:

Besides the 2 givens (Helmet & boots), you might also want to check into knee pads (or braces if your budget allows), chest protector, and some MX pants as they'll over more protection then jeans. And of course the neck brace.

If you need help with adjusting the shifter just create a thread and we'll help you out.