new guy here,new to riding

well 1st off hello all on this site,i hope to learn alot of helpfull info while here and this is gonna be a two parter
..on to the intro,
ive wanted a dirt bike since about 12...well i recently bought one,a baja motorsports 125cc ,its not a big 450 or a racing 125/250 or even a good name brand but for the guy with 0% riding exp i figured,be good to learn on then go up from there,i(mot ones i saw were over 750-1000 for old bikes that needed motor work) so for $500 a 125cc that started right up n runs well,good suspension,all needs is the front brake lever and something for the rear breaks(my buddy knows the name but i frgt it right now) didnt seem bad..ive ridden it a bit and its pretty damn fun.
now the question
I would how ever like for it too see some dirt once i get the brakes fixed(its seen the roads in my town the regional cops dont patrol haha)..so is there any decent riding trails/areas that a new guy can get his exp up on local to Hanover,Gettysburg,PA area?? i have a truck so transports no issue. Thank you all in advance.

Welcome!
I've ridden in Hanover at a place called Happy Ramblers MX club, fun track. I believe there is a ton of offroad riding right near you but cant remember where exactly so Google and enjoy your ride :thumb:

James

Staff member
Welcome Justen. :cheers:

Like the others said, you should have a bunch of (legal) riding areas around you. Best thing to do is find a couple other people close to you that also ride.

that's the issue, i know no one else that rides really,one of my friends knows how to ride dirt-bikes/atvs well but doesn't have his own bike so that doesnt help me much,and im honestly lookin for a nice trail/obsticals/corners shit like that to ride,not a track..i figure my inexperience at riding mixed with the fact that i dunno how to really ride a dirtbike on a track..might make for a pretty bad time with the more exp riders getting pissed n all.
Were im from in upstate NY orginally(syracuse/oswego area) we had snowmobile trails alllll over that u could ride dirtbikes/atvs on in the summer...was hoping to find something similar here in southern PA but no luck so far.

376194_4013096699292_103139439_n.jpg

Welcome to the site, it looks like you're getting off to a good start. No since in spending but loads on a bike until you trash your learner bike. Just keep the wheels to the dirt and when in doubt gas it out. :thumb:

James

Staff member
btw Thank you! all for the welcomes,its good knowing the riding community(least here) is accepting of a late start(23 yrs ol) newby
I was 19/20 first time on a bike and none of my friends rode so I know the feeling.