New guy from south Mississippi

I noticed the RG3 steeekers. Do you know if the suspension was done by them or if the owner just liked there steeekers? If they have a local shop, you could stop by and talk to them. They would have the valving and spring info on file. And the pricing for "service" is a bit cheaper for a prior customer.

I noticed the RG3 steeekers. Do you know if the suspension was done by them or if the owner just liked there steeekers? If they have a local shop, you could stop by and talk to them. They would have the valving and spring info on file. And the pricing for "service" is a bit cheaper for a prior customer.
Yea, the P/O told me it has RG3 suspension, what can you tell me about it?

Yea, the P/O told me it has RG3 suspension, what can you tell me about it?
Well, RG3 is about 2 miles from my house. I obviously can't tell you anything about your setup, but the put the specific file number on top of forks so if you call them you can give them that number. They should be able to tell you the spring weights that are in the bike. Most shops won't give you any specifics about the valving except to say what "style" it might be setup as. Like Off Road, Desert, GNCC....

Welcome Blake, nice looking bike. Seals are pretty easy. I did my own and didn't even have any special tools but a seal driver would have been nice.

Well, RG3 is about 2 miles from my house. I obviously can't tell you anything about your setup, but the put the specific file number on top of forks so if you call them you can give them that number. They should be able to tell you the spring weights that are in the bike. Most shops won't give you any specifics about the valving except to say what "style" it might be setup as. Like Off Road, Desert, GNCC....
Thanks man! I'll probably give them a call and see what I can find out.

Thanks guys! And I was talking to a nephew of mine who has a 2000 yz 250, an he told me I trailered it wrong, he told me I was supposed to use a fork saver. It doesn't seem to leak much at all when I'm riding. I'm going to top off the forks with fluid and watch it for a while, i may wait before I change them.

You don't really "top off" the forks. You run the X anount below top ect. And fork savers are only helping to keep spring rate. Compressing the forks does nothing to the seals. The oil is transfered top to bottom of valve, and real fast when you ride. So, if you are going to compress your bike for days yes, get one, if just to transport, it is not a big deal.

Oh, and terd spitter is right, I have two sets of RG3 forks on my hondas, RG3 is 4 blocks from work.

You don't really "top off" the forks. You run the X anount below top ect. And fork savers are only helping to keep spring rate. Compressing the forks does nothing to the seals. The oil is transfered top to bottom of valve, and real fast when you ride. So, if you are going to compress your bike for days yes, get one, if just to transport, it is not a big deal.

Oh, and terd spitter is right, I have two sets of RG3 forks on my hondas, RG3 is 4 blocks from work.
As dick in PALMer said. I would listen to terd spitter......oh wait, I don't think he has chimed in yet. I think his KTMRack must have fallen of his tricycle and the cards came out of his spokes so he took his bike in to have the air in is solid tires changed. Mrs. ABC must have taken him down into town on his motorized scooter he got from the scooter store, paid for by Medicare. Hmmmm, lets see, did I miss anyone. Nope, I think that Dez dude is out duct tapping his hinges back on. Because his "good" friend got his arse handed to him somewhere in a canyon.

Welcome Blake, this site offers a little bit of everything. :poke: :lol: :wave:

Thanks guys! And I was talking to a nephew of mine who has a 2000 yz 250, an he told me I trailered it wrong, he told me I was supposed to use a fork saver. It doesn't seem to leak much at all when I'm riding. I'm going to top off the forks with fluid and watch it for a while, i may wait before I change them.

I believe your forks take much more abuse while riding than while being trailered.

Oh and wlecome to the site..... :thumb:

Lol! Y'all are crazy. And that makes sense, how do I ad oil to my forks?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366039779.419845.jpg
I started to take the cap off the top in the picture, but I'm afraid there's a spring that will pop out.

If you feel you need to add oil, you take off the air bleed screw. It's the one to the outside. Do this with the front tire off the ground. Add 5cc's at a time and try them out.
The RG number you see stamped on the forks is from RG3. I would call them and ask how much oil they put in, they should know based on that number.