New camera ideas

I have to replace my cam since it didnt survive the swim like I thot it had. Looked OK on the cam screen, but it doesnt write to the card properly and the old pics on the card are good after the swim.

With swimming, falling, dropping, etc, in mind Im looking at the Olympus SW series which have protection from most of these pitfalls. Olympus cuz I already have the XD card and other things to fit it.

Anyone get this style of drop, WP, etc, cams and thots on it?

sony has one that is small... shock proof and water resistant up to 10 feet. My wife wants a camera she can throw in her purse and i think im gonna get this one. I checked it out today in the store... it has some really cool options too... a panoramic mode... you hold the button and spin the camera for panoramic shots ... let me find what model exactly it was... one sec ill edit it in.

its the DSC-TX5
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666027361

thats one bad ass little camera.

sony has one that is small... shock proof and water resistant up to 10 feet. My wife wants a camera she can throw in her purse and i think im gonna get this one. I checked it out today in the store... it has some really cool options too... a panoramic mode... you hold the button and spin the camera for panoramic shots ... let me find what model exactly it was... one sec ill edit it in.

its the DSC-TX5
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666027361

Lies all lies :P

its the DSC-TX5

Trav at $300+ it's too spendy for my to strap to my chest protector and ride with it.

I want one that is fast to start up, and can be used with gloves

hummmm...

to start it up you slide the thing on the front to expose the lens..... only thing i can suggest is to go to a store like Fry's and check it out yourself.

really tho it sounds like you already have one you like in mind... im just suggesting the small camera I want to get next... i have a cannon rebel but that thing is so big we dont always lug it around with us.

also i didnt really have riding in mind for a camera purchase as i have a gopro which does pictures too so if i want pics while im riding ill use my gopro.

I already have a cam and was not looking to get one I just commented on your thread :smirk:

I don't really care for the gopro.

not my thread... im just trying to help another member and give him an idea of something i seen and thought was cool.

it was just today i was checking it out then this thread popped up so i thought it was fitting.

not my thread... im just trying to help another member and give him an idea of something i seen and thought was cool.

it was just today i was checking it out then this thread popped up so i thought it was fitting.

oh you are correct :sorry: my bad :picard:

It is very fitting :thumb:

I don't take pictures, but I always have a camera on me. I ride with the Epic Wide cam on the top of my lid to catch the wiping down action. Looking at getting the new Epic HD. I have a cheap Sony Cyber Shot that I carry when riding and will have to start taking more pics to post on here...