Gas Gas new arrivals.!!

WOW, how much is the used pipe you want to protect? I am a believer in a skid plate. I thought they reached their pinnacle of developement when scoop shovels were made available in aluminum. If I am going to ride where the pickup won't go, I use one. Never have seen the need on the pipe guard though.

SRAD97750

Staff member
WOW, how much is the used pipe you want to protect? I am a believer in a skid plate. I thought they reached their pinnacle of developement when scoop shovels were made available in aluminum. If I am going to ride where the pickup won't go, I use one. Never have seen the need on the pipe guard though.
I have ripped mine off both sides at the clamps. The wounds in the aluminum are tell-tale. But on the other hand, my backyard is called "Purgatory." This weekend I put a fat mar in the pipe where the guard is missing. -BIG DAN:thumb:

LOL and your little mental dyno had you down how many hp for that?? The dents don't look as ugly as the guard. I will send you a picture of my pipe collection.

I noticed today while riding my 300 up the side of a hill through some rough stuff (a lot of wheel spinning and all 1st gear) I spotted what I thought was coolent leaking down onto the exhaust first thought was maby a branch had punchered the rad..once I got to the top I inspected the rad and couldn't find a leak...so I think it was coming out of the overfloo when I took the cover off the rad the coolent seemed to be boiling..is this normal?? or is it just a result of hard riding whilst not going fast enough to generate wind speed to cool the coolent??

I noticed today while riding my 300 up the side of a hill through some rough stuff (a lot of wheel spinning and all 1st gear) I spotted what I thought was coolent leaking down onto the exhaust first thought was maby a branch had punchered the rad..once I got to the top I inspected the rad and couldn't find a leak...so I think it was coming out of the overfloo when I took the cover off the rad the coolent seemed to be boiling..is this normal?? or is it just a result of hard riding whilst not going fast enough to generate wind speed to cool the coolent??
High engine rpm's and low bike speed, makes this relatively common, especially if mud and dirt plugs radiator fins, make sure that you have a 50/50 up to 70/30 mix of antifreeze /water mix as antifreeze also raises the boiling point of the coolant.

Or........... If you want the best cooling. Just run straight water mix with a product called Water Wetter. Water Wetter is made by a company called Red Line. The only issue with doing this is that you do loose the ANTI-FEEZE protection. But that will only become an issue for you if, your bike stored out side or in a shed that isnt insulated. So if you store your bike in your garage and its insulated. Or atleast attached to your home freezing of the water in the radiator is a non issue. I only run water and water wetter in my radiator. I keep my bike stored in my garage and Im pretty sure my winters are on average far colder that what you see.

I know what your thinking what about when Im going to go ride?? Its likely that even if you have to load your bike up in a trailer to get to your riding area you will not have any issues. And while your out riding the bike is running so there is zero issue of freezing. One word of caution about running just water or water wetter combo either is safe. But do not use tap water or water out of your garden hose. Especially if your water source is from a well. Deionized water or distilled is best for this application. Just like what you would top off your automobile battery with. The reason for this is regular tap water especially if its from a well will have lots of minerals. Which will leave deposits in your cooling system. Over time with the heating and cooling of the water through running the engine you will loose water. The minerals in the water do not evaporate with the water. They are left behind and will accumulate in the cooling system especially in your radiators. Eventually your will have enough blockage that your radiators will not cool efficiently.

So why only water you ask??? Well if you run the glycol (antifreeze) mixture in your bike it essentially raises the boiling temperature. Which is actually not good for the engine because it allows the engine to operate at a higher temperature. Where just plain distilled or deIonized water will actually cool better because . The water wetter while its claimed cooling addition to the cooling system is challenged by different review. It does aid in corrosion protection like the glycol and it helps keep the water pump internals lubricated like the glycol. All the glycol mixture does is aid in anti freeze and lubricate the water pump seals. That and it cost a lot more than distelled or deionized water even with the cost of the Red Line Water Wetter. In the long run its less expensive to run the water wetter with the water because you only use just a very little bit.

Give it a shot. It doesnt cost much to experiment with it and I guarantee your bike will run cooler. But if your worried about your freeze protection then do like the other guys stated and run a glycol mixture. Ive been running straight water and water wetter with success in my bikes for years and in my brothers race car for years with zero issues.

Or........... If you want the best cooling. Just run straight water mix with a product called Water Wetter. Water Wetter is made by a company called Red Line. The only issue with doing this is that you do loose the ANTI-FEEZE protection. But that will only become an issue for you if, your bike stored out side or in a shed that isnt insulated. So if you store your bike in your garage and its insulated. Or atleast attached to your home freezing of the water in the radiator is a non issue. I only run water and water wetter in my radiator. I keep my bike stored in my garage and Im pretty sure my winters are on average far colder that what you see.

I know what your thinking what about when Im going to go ride?? Its likely that even if you have to load your bike up in a trailer to get to your riding area you will not have any issues. And while your out riding the bike is running so there is zero issue of freezing. One word of caution about running just water or water wetter combo either is safe. But do not use tap water or water out of your garden hose. Especially if your water source is from a well. Deionized water or distilled is best for this application. Just like what you would top off your automobile battery with. The reason for this is regular tap water especially if its from a well will have lots of minerals. Which will leave deposits in your cooling system. Over time with the heating and cooling of the water through running the engine you will loose water. The minerals in the water do not evaporate with the water. They are left behind and will accumulate in the cooling system especially in your radiators. Eventually your will have enough blockage that your radiators will not cool efficiently.

So why only water you ask??? Well if you run the glycol (antifreeze) mixture in your bike it essentially raises the boiling temperature. Which is actually not good for the engine because it allows the engine to operate at a higher temperature. Where just plain distilled or deIonized water will actually cool better because . The water wetter while its claimed cooling addition to the cooling system is challenged by different review. It does aid in corrosion protection like the glycol and it helps keep the water pump internals lubricated like the glycol. All the glycol mixture does is aid in anti freeze and lubricate the water pump seals. That and it cost a lot more than distelled or deionized water even with the cost of the Red Line Water Wetter. In the long run its less expensive to run the water wetter with the water because you only use just a very little bit.

Give it a shot. It doesnt cost much to experiment with it and I guarantee your bike will run cooler. But if your worried about your freeze protection then do like the other guys stated and run a glycol mixture. Ive been running straight water and water wetter with success in my bikes for years and in my brothers race car for years with zero issues.
Sounds interesting, however clean antifreeze doesn't make an engine run hotter unless it's diluted or contaminated enough to cause coolant to boil then engine will eventually overheat. I'll have to check on this though never heard of this product , I may try it, like you said it can't hurt to try.

It works for me. And it works in my brothers race car. Thats where I got the idea from initially. He was having cooling issues. And when we started racing the car on an actual track in stead of a cone course. We found out that we couldnt run glycol in the car on the track. Because if it leaks on the track due to boil over etc it doesnt evaporate like water does and makes the track very slippery. So we swapped out the glycol for water. And low and behold the car ran cooler. The water wetter is claimed to lower temps up to 30 degrees. We've not seen that much, maybe 15 degrees. But going from glycol to distilled water with water wetter, the car runs not more than 200 degrees indicated regardless of how hard we run it. So I figured if it works with the car why not the bike? And Ive never EVER had my bike boil over.

It works for me. And it works in my brothers race car. Thats where I got the idea from initially. He was having cooling issues. And when we started racing the car on an actual track in stead of a cone course. We found out that we couldnt run glycol in the car on the track. Because if it leaks on the track due to boil over etc it doesnt evaporate like water does and makes the track very slippery. So we swapped out the glycol for water. And low and behold the car ran cooler. The water wetter is claimed to lower temps up to 30 degrees. We've not seen that much, maybe 15 degrees. But going from glycol to distilled water with water wetter, the car runs not more than 200 degrees indicated regardless of how hard we run it. So I figured if it works with the car why not the bike? And Ive never EVER had my bike boil over.
I used to run straight water in my race car (dirt track) and as long as I kept moving it was ok as soon as I was idling the car would start overheating. If you are happy with it thats all that matters. this product must change the specific gravity of the water and if that were true it would lower freezing point somewhat also.The most important part of the cooling system though is the cap though as pressurizing water increases the boiling point