New Air Filter what do you guys think

We just hooked up with a company that makes a new style of air filter. This air filter has a new design that allows for more surface area. It is good for desert guys that do long rides and can't change their filter often. This design allows the air filter to be able to absorb more debris than stock filters yet it still provides the same air flow.

This filter is for a 2001-2013 YZ 250 F

Yamaha FWF 499 pic1.JPG

Yamaha FWF 499 pic2.JPG

As you can see it has a different gasket material than most filters. This allows for a better mating surface to the air box.

Yamaha FWF 499 pic3.JPG

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

Looks different. Not a fan of the spider as it looks like it is coming apart and will add some plastic debris flopping around in your air box or is that foam?

Looks different. Not a fan of the spider as it looks like it is coming apart and will add some plastic debris flopping around in your air box or is that foam?

The spider is rubber not plastic. so I don't think it will come apart.

So the filter for the Husky doesn't have a rubber sealing surface?

No they said the rubber sealing surface didn't make a good seal on the Husky so they went with the foam.

CDA that is just how the picture is taken it is under one of the cones. But I see where you would be concerned.

Looks like a foam piece is poking up in front of it, not the spider coming apart.
Regardless, with washing and filtering and ringing out, I would think this rubber spider would come apart. Cool Idea with the spider on there, but just not sold on it. Would like to see a write up on how well this filter works.
PSJ - You going to run this filter in the race bike you are putting together?

Regardless, with washing and filtering and ringing out, I would think this rubber spider would come apart. Cool Idea with the spider on there, but just not sold on it. Would like to see a write up on how well this filter works.

Yes we are planning on running this filter on the race bike. We want to do some testing with it first. We dont want to just throw the filter on. We are in the same boat as all you guys. It is a great design but we want to see if it works or if it is just snake oil.

We are going to do some testing on the 300 this weekend and maybe the 250F.

James

Staff member
I'd have to agree with you, it's a great marketing idea, just not that practical.