Need to interview certified motorcycle mechanic

Hey guys. I need to interview people from a career field. I want to get into motorcycle mechanics as one but I need someone to interview. They have to be certified too and do it for a living. Anyone out there I can ask some questions? Thanks! :thumb::ride:

Hey guys. I need to interview people from a career field. I want to get into motorcycle mechanics as one but I need someone to interview. They have to be certified too and do it for a living. Anyone out there I can ask some questions? Thanks! :thumb::ride:

George Irl (owner/operator) of Uptite Husky in Santa Ana, CA might be willing to do so......:thumb:

Sure thing. I also have an excuse to get on DBA tomarrow. :devil: I have to have someone who is in the field of a certain job that suitable to me answer questions. These are like, "whats the MAX pay, do you have to be qualified, how many hours do you have to work?" Then I have to write out an incredibly lonnnnnnnnnnnnng report on it. Then I have to do 2 of them. :foul: Anyhow, I really appriciate it, I have been going out of my mind all day trying to find someone to interview. Strangers don't want to take time to help.

James

Staff member
Sure thing. I also have an excuse to get on DBA tomarrow. :devil: I have to have someone who is in the field of a certain job that suitable to me answer questions. These are like, "whats the MAX pay, do you have to be qualified, how many hours do you have to work?" Then I have to write out an incredibly lonnnnnnnnnnnnng report on it. Then I have to do 2 of them. :foul: Anyhow, I really appriciate it, I have been going out of my mind all day trying to find someone to interview. Strangers don't want to take time to help.
:devil: Offer them candy. :smirk:

Don't forget to post your report then. :thumb:

BTW did I hear right, DBA is becoming part of the schools curriculum? :P

Thanks Dan! Here you guys go, my report

Transportation
A&P (air frame+powerplant) mechanic
This interview was answered by my friend Dan B-Certified A&P mechanic
In this job, he described what he does in his work. He said part of the job requires heavy matiance on commercial air planes and tearing them down to every bolt for inspection, replacing all part necessary and reassembling on a daily basis. Usually you start by removing all components like actuators, flaps, ailerons, elevators, pumps, and sensors. By this time its tore down to a skeleton of a plane. Then you inspect for corrosion and damage, and reassemble and send it out for a test flight.
This job requires that you have a HS diploma/GED and eighteen months of trade school usually. The trade schools were required to get you your licenser and get you out into the field. Any other options are going to take ten or more years to complete because you need a lot of training before you can get certified.
Safety equipments include ear plugs, and eye protection. Sometimes you need full respirator and tekvek suit to enter the fuel tank for repairs. When he says entry, he means it. This is when a tem or people go into the fuel tank to scrap sealant or repair the sheet metal.
A beginner needs all of his/her own tools and will be paid double minimum wage which is required by federal law. Once you have a few years of experience you earn 20-25$ an hour. He has been there five years and makes 27$ per hour. Maximum salary is 50$ an hour with a large airline company but this requires a lot of experience with big airline companies for many years.
Full benefits. Insurance for eye, medical, dental. Aflac and other add-ons. 401K and life insurance.
Last, he recommends that anyone trying to start a family or have a stable life and career shouldn’t get into this field. It takes drastic ups and downs and you can have either overwhelming work or no work at all at a time. He recommends finding a stable company to go with. Another option concerning pay is collection partial unemployment when there is no work for a longer period of time.
To finish this he told me that the best part of the job is watching your first plane take off right after you disassemble, inspect then reassemble it yourself. A feeling like no other, FLIGHT!

Transportation
A&P (air frame+powerplant) mechanic
This interview was answered by my friend Dan, a B-Certified A&P mechanic
In this interview, he described what he does in his job. He said part of the job requires heavy maintenance on commercial airplanes and tearing them down to every bolt for inspection, then replacing all parts necessary and reassembling on a daily basis. Usually you start by removing all components like actuators, flaps, ailerons, elevators, pumps, and sensors. By this time it's torn down to a skeleton of a plane. Then you inspect for corrosion and damage, and reassemble for a test flight.
This job requires that you usually have a HS diploma/GED and eighteen months of trade school. The trade schools are required to get you your license and to get you into the field. Any other options are going to take ten or more years to complete because you need a lot of training before you can get certified.
Safety equipments include ear plugs, and eye protection. Sometimes you need full respirator and tekvek suit to enter the fuel tank for repairs. When he says entry, he means it. This is when a team or people go into the fuel tank to scrap sealant or to repair the sheet metal.
A beginner needs all of his/her own tools and will be paid double minimum wage which is required by federal law. Once you have a few years of experience you earn $20-$25 an hour. Dan has been there five years and makes $27 per hour. The maximum salary is $50 an hour with a large airline company, but this requires a lot of experience with large airline companies for many years.
Full benefits include,insurance for eye, medical, dental from Aflac with other add-ons. A 401K and life insurance are also included.
One thing Dan recommends that anyone trying to start a family or have a stable life and career shouldn’t get into this field. It takes drastic ups and downs and you can have either overwhelming work or no work at all at a time. He recommends finding a stable company to go with. Another option concerning pay is collection partial unemployment when there is no work for a longer period of time.
To finish this, he told me that the best part of the job is watching your first plane take off right after you disassemble, inspect then reassemble it yourself. It is a feeling like no other, FLIGHT!