Need Some tips

Well this can be handled in a few ways. I am guessing we are talking about MX whoops here and not the ones you find out on the trails. MX whoops are normally close together, so you can just hammer through them. The biggest thing that needs to be done, is get the suspension setup correctly. If you are hitting the same section at a local track, you need to pay attention to what your bike is doing when you are going through them. Make small adjustments to the suspension and keep hitting them until you find the right combo. Stay loose on the bike as well so you do not fight the movement as the bike dances across them.

If you are in a longer section of whoops, say like out on the trails, then sometimes a little back brake drag will get the rear end in line.
Mr. All knowing one... What does this do and do you do it the entire time you are hammering thru the whoops or at a certain point?:thinking:

Mr. All knowing one... What does this do and do you do it the entire time you are hammering thru the whoops or at a certain point?:thinking:
Aw grasshopper, applying a little rear break will squat the rear end just enough to bring it back in line. You will only do this when you feel the rear end getting a little out of shape. Most riders will chop the throttle at this point or shut down all together, but if you leave the throttle steady and apply a little rear break, you will straight again and can keep the throttle on and pass the orange rooster that is in front of you....:prof:

Aw grasshopper, applying a little rear break will squat the rear end just enough to bring it back in line. You will only do this when you feel the rear end getting a little out of shape. Most riders will chop the throttle at this point or shut down all together, but if you leave the throttle steady and apply a little rear break, you will straight again and can keep the throttle on and pass the orange rooster that is in front of you....:prof:

Why do I get the vision of CDA sitting in a Buddha temple in robes, sitting up high, cross-legged, a smokey incense wafting in front of him, and a sheet of rice paper you must walk on without ripping or tearing? :thinking:

"pass the orange rooster that is in front of you" :lol:

That's some funny shit! :smirk:

Did anyone check CDA's inside forearms for dragon brands? :thinking:

Anyone less than 40 won't appreciate this!

"Kwai Chang Caine?" "Kung Fu?" "David Carridine?"

:lol: Too funny! :thumb:

Imagine the tsunami of wisdom he could unleash if we can snatch the pebble from his hand!

:lol: :thumb:

We are all Grasshoppa's! :hail:
:lol:

Much obliged I reckon.:P:thumb:

High RPMS
Balls of your feet
Hang with your legs and keep your arms loose
Roll on the throttle the whole way through to make sure you don't let off

James

Staff member
Good video demo James. How do you know where you want your suspension set?
I'm on my phone right now so I can't post some links until later, but start with your sag (Jackson409 has a How-To on this). The clickers are more a try-adjust-retry apporch, I can get you a baseline setting tomorrow. Or check the stickies in the Kawi forum.