Need some advice

You guys are killing me...
The CRF's are reliable as they come. Once the Ti valves are changed out, they are rock solid. You will not be doing a head every year or a crank every other. A fresh piston once a year and a new cam chain every other and you are golden.

If the R model is the one you want, save a couple extra bucks and get an 08. That was an excellent year and that bike is badass.

honestly i am going to save and then i am going to be getting a part time job and then i am going to sell my cr.how much does the 08 crf cost?

You can't really say because a deal today will not be around when you have the cash. The best bet it to have the cash on hand and when a deal presents itself, pounce on it. Unfortunately that means you will have a period of no bike.

You can't really say because a deal today will not be around when you have the cash. The best bet it to have the cash on hand and when a deal presents itself, pounce on it. Unfortunately that means you will have a period of no bike.

Yeah, but he like me living here in Kentucky can go a few months without a bike in the winter, not only you can't ride then, but ca you pick up the best deals because it is Christmas time, Tax season and sometimes people just don't want to sit on a bike all winter so they unload it.

honestly i am going to save and then i am going to be getting a part time job and then i am going to sell my cr.how much does the 08 crf cost?

Like mentioned before, no way of telling what you'll end up paying for one. I see killer deals out here all the time for $ 2500 to $ 3000 for clean 08 CRF450R's.

Like mentioned before, no way of telling what you'll end up paying for one. I see killer deals out here all the time for $ 2500 to $ 3000 for clean 08 CRF450R's.

I see those same prices around here too. No doubt that you could find that price. And by the time you do have the money, it should drop a little if it's a year or so.

Once upon a time, I was brand loyal to Honda. My bike has never had any problems and has been on the same stock engine, minus the cam chain. But honestly, you'll get tired of red after a while. :smirk: From what these yahoos on here have told me, the Zuki two-stroke are pretty dang good. If you really want a 4-stroke, Yamaha seems to be getting the title of most reliable. Looks like you want a trail bike though, so you might want to check out the WR450f.