2 Stroke Need some advice

James

Staff member
Hello everyone I am needing some advice on my suspension. I have 1998 Cr250r and the suspension is stiff as heck and I hate it so I been talking to dad instead of having a motocross track bulit I asked him if I could work on my suspension and he said that I would half to choose one or the other so I believe that I am going to go with my suspension. So since I told you all that I guess I better tell you guys my questions. So my first question is that I am looking at factory connection springs for the front forks so I am wandering will this make my suspension any better/softer or will it be the same? Also the same question about the rear shock will it make any difference at all? Also another question is what is it talking about when it asks about what spring rate you want? Also I forgot to tell you my weight I weigh 195lbs. My last question is what does it mean by the series does it make a difference? Here is the page of the front springs rate and the rear springs rate.
Thanks for all replies:)
http://www.factoryconnection.com/SpringCharts/2008/hondaFork.htm

http://www.factoryconnection.com/SpringCharts/2008/hondaShock.htm
The spring rate is how stiff/soft a spring is, the more you weigh the heavier/stiffer the spring should be. And yes if you change the front the rear should be changed with it as you want them to be symmetrical.

You'll probably want to send it to a shop to get re-valved and re-sprung. I have Mike Weisner do my bike, he's reasonable for what he does and he doesn't mind chatting with you on the phone either. (PM me if you want his number) Plus if you need new springs and he has some there, he'll sell them to you for $50. :banana: And if I remember right he used to be on the Honda Factory Connection team back in the day so he knows his Honda's. :thumb:

The spring rate is how stiff/soft a spring is, the more you weigh the heavier/stiffer the spring should be. And yes if you change the front the rear should be changed with it as you want them to be symmetrical.

You'll probably want to send it to a shop to get re-valved and re-sprung. I have Mike Weisner do my bike, he's reasonable for what he does and he doesn't mind chatting with you on the phone either. (PM me if you want his number) Plus if you need new springs and he has some there, he'll sell them to you for $50. :banana: And if I remember right he used to be on the Honda Factory Connection team back in the day so he knows his Honda's. :thumb:
I know this is a old post but where is this guy located I'm thinking about getting my suspension done

James

Staff member
I know this is a old post but where is this guy located I'm thinking about getting my suspension done
Paw Paw, MI

Not sure if he still does it though, here's the number I had 269-657-3717 for him , don't know if it's still good.

Check out fcr suspension out of Ohio.. The owner (bob) and my dad were like best friends when I was growing up. He was running pro at Lorettas and my dad was wrenching (and racing local 125 a class), when I was in 4th grade, I brought Bob 'lunatic' luketic, my dad, and the bikes for show and tell, and it was such a big deal with the school, that it was in the herald star news paper the next day hahaha... I like to support companies that are owned and run by real racers (even if they barely ride anymore) that are super cool....
www.fcrsuspension.com

James

Staff member
Check out fcr suspension out of Ohio.. The owner (bob) and my dad were like best friends when I was growing up. He was running pro at Lorettas and my dad was wrenching (and racing local 125 a class), when I was in 4th grade, I brought Bob 'lunatic' luketic, my dad, and the bikes for show and tell, and it was such a big deal with the school, that it was in the herald star news paper the next day hahaha... I like to support companies that are owned and run by real racers (even if they barely ride anymore) that are super cool....
www.fcrsuspension.com
:thumb: I also try and support the local guys whenever I can. Just had my suspension serviced by the local guy.