need help

Well called the mechanic and I don't think my brother in law is going to pay 600 bucks just for him to look at it plus cost of fixing and parts that is crazy money for a small motor

SRAD97750

Staff member
Just finished a Crf450R transmission bearing change yesterday, and even with my rates at $25/Hr, he was still $500 into the repair total.
$600 labor is not far fetched when you see the work involved. Expect $200 in parts.
I spent about 8 shop hours on the 450, which puts that shop around $75/hr, which is typical. -BIG DAN:thumb:

PS, you can always send it my way. I'll fix it up proper...

I got a tranny off ebay for 100 bucks that works mint for my bike. gears, forks, drums, everything. Sometimes its better to find a guy who dosent own a big shop but still knows what hes doing. It costed me 200 bucks in labour for tranny changed, crank bearings, cylinder honing and powervalve cleaning. Just brought him the motor. Fixed rates.

Figured it out the lever was hitting the chassis that's why 1st didn't work as for 5th I think it's the fork will look at it Monday on my day off

If it is only 5th I am just a little more optimistic that the problem may exist on the end of the shift drum. If you dont have a manual you can go to bikebandit.com and see what parts are there. your subject bike may have a bad fork in the end, but maybe now your brother inlaw will be a little more brave. I think we are all happy to see you kept on this one.

Did you see that crf450 on craigslist that is apparently missing 5th. The guy had it advertised as "5th gear delete has been added. great for trail riding"?