need help

:panic:
Time to pull the clutch cover and see if the shift mechanism is damaged.
If nothing there, time to split the cases and see which shift fork is bent.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Either this guy has two identical threads, or there's another guy with the identical problem...maybe they should compare notes.

I never buy them so I don't know. Some shops may give you a break for bringing the engine in totally assembled and some may give a further break for having the top end off. No time like the present to learn one, and as much as I hate to tell someone to start doingwork for others, learning on someone else's bike can be a cheap way to get experience. If it works out poorly though, there are drawbacks.

About how much would a tranny rebuild would cost

I never buy them so I don't know. Some shops may give you a break for bringing the engine in totally assembled and some may give a further break for having the top end off. No time like the present to learn one, and as much as I hate to tell someone to start doingwork for others, learning on someone else's bike can be a cheap way to get experience. If it works out poorly though, there are drawbacks.

Plus it would be a good excuse to buy a set of metric tools.

we got confidence in you Flak. I have done that one, Gary has done a ton of them. And like i said before, learning on someone else's bike has it's benefits!!

we got confidence in you Flak. I have done that one, Gary has done a ton of them. And like i said before, learning on someone else's bike has it's benefits!!
I'll see if he wants to let me try it doesn't seem hard just follow instructions and take pics but it's not my bike had it been mine it would be split by know