Need help on Yz125

hi all new to group I have just brought a Yz125 and have come across what looks like a pull rod wich is not covered or connected to anything just behind exhaust above the water pump if I upload a pic could some please help me as to what it is for and what I need to do to rectify the issue at hand

That's a powervalve actuator rod. That should be connected and there's a cover for it. Find an oem parts fiche for that bike and see what you can get. Remember EBay is your friend. :thumb:

That cavity gets exposed to lots of dirt when the cover is off. i would be planning to take the entire clutch cover off and clean it out as it looks like it may have lots of abrasives already 'washed' into it. you may want to start it and rev it an see if you are getting some motion out of that rod before you disassemble it. there is a trick to getting the clutch rack and pinion in time once you are trying to reassemble it, and it is best to look closely at the actuating arm for the clutch before you take the cover SLOWLY off. look at how far back the arm goes as you lift the cover. take a pick and put a mark on the cover with a felt marker pin. it just makes it easier to know where to start when you put that back on. a manual is nice to have, but the one yamaha sends isnt the clearest at that function.

then once in there you need to check a few other things, but that can wait until you are ready for some teardown. just let us know.